If you don't know objid for the function xmlexport how did you export the list of users?
What do you know about the object?
I'm trying to understand. For example, to extract data from the "Workspace" we use function:
... /livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2000&objAction=xmlexport&scope= ...
than I can imort this data:
... /livelink.exe?func=admin.xmlimport&filename=c:\livelink.xml&objID=2000
How can i use this functionality for Livelink "Users and Groups"
Hi Eugene,
Your original post indicated user “permissions”, which are access control lists on nodes in Content Server.
Your most recent post indicates “Users and Groups” which is quite different from what was noted originally.
Could you please clarify what you’re trying to do?
Thanks,
Kyle
Ok, I see Thank you so much I'm just trying to understand is it possible to use this functionality (xmlimport/xmlexport) for the objects "users and groups" in livelink.
If I understand your request correctly, youcannot use xmlexport/xmlimport to export users and groups (e.g. data in the kuaf table). I assume you are not talking about ACL's on objects, showing the user and groups permissions, which of course you can do with xmlexport/xmlimport.
You can directly query the kuaf (and kuafchildren) tables for this info, which would give you users, groups, nesting's of users in groups, and nesting's of groups in groups. There are some LAPI apps that can allow you to export these things also.
From: eLink Entry: LAPI Forum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 12:11 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE How to import user permissions with xmlimport?
RE RE How to import user permissions with xmlimport?
Posted bye.ochkurov@sibcon-soft.ru (Ochkurov, Eugene) On 08-02-2012 00:04
Ok, I seeThank you so muchI'm just trying to understand is it possible to use this functionality (xmlimport/xmlexport) for the objects "users and groups" in livelink.
[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]
Topic:
How to import user permissions with xmlimport?
Forum:
LAPI Forum
Content Server:
Knowledge Center
Hello! I have similar issue. I have imported user groups from Active Directory via OTDS into my test system running into CS10 SP2 update 11 and the same groups are imported into production system.
I understand that OTDS and CS during consolidation can't create users/groups in both systems with the same IDs. When I export folder structure (a lot of folders with quite a lot of groups, no documents in it) with permissions I see that only group names are included (as those IDs are unique for each system anyway). When I tried to import it several times into my target system (production) import never ends, no folders are created and no import error file is generated. When I do the same w/o exporting permissions folders are imported.
I saw that this discusison started with LL version 9.1 is it still the issue that groups permisions are not imported in version 10?
Petr
Is there any patch related issue?
I performed the same via
func=ll&objAction=XMLExport&objid=2000&scope=1&permissios&nodeinfo
After importing the xml via
func=admin.xmlimport&filename=livelink.xml&objid=3456
Folder is created without permission i.e. no group which had assigned access?
Anyone has solution for this
I am leaning towards Pilot ErrorJ
Look at an xmlexport do you not see the permissions in the XML file with magic numbers also there is a typo in your syntax
?func=ll&objAction=XMLExport&objid=273219&scope=1&permissions&nodeinfo
What does this mean?
On import it will try to apply the group based on itsIDnotName.
If you import this on the same server as your original server it will work because chances are those ID’s can be resolved. If you transform the XML to mapped ID’s in the target system using a ascii editor it will work.
If you have Object Exporter(OE) and Object Importer(OI) name based transfers will work.
From: eLink Entry: LAPI Forum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 6:45 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: [EXTERNAL]RE RE RE How to import user permissions with xmlimport?
RE RE RE How to import user permissions with xmlimport?
Posted byjohn.thomas@vvolve.com (Thomas, John) On 05/06/2015 07:37 AM
Thanks Appu.
Changed the RightID also did not apply the assigned group permission.
Even,tried to check whether it will work on the same server. That is also did not work.
Do not know what is the root cause.
Any suggestion?
What version of livelink I will run it and see if something changed I only have 971 and 10.5 currently at work.
From: eLink Entry: LAPI Forum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 7:41 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: [EXTERNAL]RE RE RE RE How to import user permissions with xmlimport?
RE RE RE RE How to import user permissions with xmlimport?
Posted byjohn.thomas@vvolve.com (Thomas, John) On 05/06/2015 08:37 AM
Version:CS10.5-Update 2014-09
When I tried none of my simple attempts worked so I looked at the “bible”
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll?func=ll&objaction=overview&objid=10186663
It was said one could use
?func=ll&objId=271096&objAction=XMLExport&scope=1&permissions&nodeinfo&extuserinfo
I got my XML I removed the Permissions Tag Changed stuff around in my extuserinfo and it obeyed
<extuserinfo>
<userinfo domain='' id='35099' name='knair' type='0' typename='createdby'/>
<userinfo domain='' id='138184' name='3 people group' type='1' typename='group'/>
<userinfo domain='' id='35099' name='knair' type='0' typename='user'/>
</extuserinfo>
The Original NODE
Target Node
That’s as much I can do without digging into code but I had thought that xmlimport would honor manipulation of ACL’s now I am not sure anymore.
From: eLink Entry: LAPI Forum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 8:03 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: [EXTERNAL]RE RE RE RE RE How to import user permissions with xmlimport?
[Attachments exceeded pre-set size limits. Use the links provided to access]
RE RE RE RE RE How to import user permissions with xmlimport?
Posted byjohn.thomas@vvolve.com (Thomas, John) On 05/06/2015 08:59 AM
Attachment Links:
livelink1.xml (4 KB)
I will say this for your benefit if you are a oscripter.In my eclipse when I run the file I can see it doing this
Core::XML::PermissionsHandler::CreateACLs inthat Oscript there is a flag called
Boolean inheritPermissions
The call comes to the script and it is TRUE.If you change it to FALSE (Logically you are saying I do not want Permissions Inheritance) it will work like it used to work that means the calls to set ACL's according to the ACL in the XML.I think this was how it used to behave.
So to make your life easier you can look into lapi methods and see if it allows any keys to say inheritpermissions = true/false.I did not see anything obvious
My earlier post is wrong in because it looks to me that extuserinfo is meant to be used in DOMAIN ENABLED LIVELINK SERVERS which probably nobody now remembers so I would not use any that OT does not document correctly.
Hopefully some of this info helps
Thank you Appu
Hi John,I am thinking you need to ask through support if this is correct as per their spec?The reason is I see with this code you can only change Owner,Group ,PA.Could it be intentional? I would suspect that a admin would never know what the content of the file is? so what if a rogue user wanted to get control to a hierarchy where they say inheritance should be obeyed? I plan to look at 971 code,10 code and see if it always has been like this.All in my own time.Usually release notes should indicate if things have changed between versions and justifications.Was this lapi code new or something that you know that has worked before?There is a lot of new dev in the xml stuff because it is corner stone of their transport mechanism under the covers so the code could have been re visted for all I know.