-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 11:56 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE Need help reporting task attributes.. RE Need help reporting task attributes.. Posted by eLink on 08/13/2002 11:56 AM In reply to: Need help reporting task attributes.. Posted by SANMIN013 (Beliveau, David) on 08/13/2002 10:49 AM Message from Marie Lindsay <marie@opentext.com> via eLinkAs you probably know, the attribute data is stored in LLAttrData. LLAttrData.ID is a foreign key to DTree.DataID, identifying the task. LLAttrData.DefID is a foreign key to DTree.DataID, identifying the category. LLAttrData.AttrID is a number representing an attribute within the category. The value for an attribute is stored in one of LLAttrData.ValStr, ValDate, ValInt, etc., depending on the data type of the attribute. I'm assuming that it's always the same attributes within the same category that are assigned to the tasks. With that in mind, here's how I'd approach this: - Get the category's DataID. (One method: Visit the category and look in the URL for "objID=".) - Get the attrIDs of the attributes you want to query. (One method: Visit the category and hold your cursor over one of the attributes. In the status bar at the bottom of the page, there will be a JavaScript call that passes a numerical parameter, for example, javablahblah('3'). The "3" is the attrID for the attribute.) - Consider the datatypes of the attributes you want to query, and decide whether you'll need to select LLAttrData.ValStr, LLAttrData.ValInt, or one of the other "Val" columns. - Now that I have all the building blocks. For the sake of example, imagine that I learned that the category's DataID is 1234, the attribute I want to query has an attrID of 3, and the attribute is a string. I can add the string I want to select to the SELECT, for example: Select DTree.*, ...., LLAttrData.ValStr And I can add the join and other criteria to the WHERE, for example: where .... and DTree.Dataid = LLAttrData.ID and LLAttrData.DefID = 1234 and LLAttrData.AttrID = 3 ...And that ought to do it. Caution: I didn't test any of this, so good luck.
-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 11:12 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE Need help reporting task attributes.. RE RE Need help reporting task attributes.. Posted by eLink on 08/13/2002 12:11 PM In reply to: RE Need help reporting task attributes.. Posted by eLink on 08/13/2002 11:56 AM Message from Drane, Matthew <mdrane@hasbro.com> via eLinkThe previous SQL might work in general, but because Livelink categories are versioned (for documents at least), for those types of items it might be necessary to add the following to the WHERE clause: AND DTree.VersionNum = LLAttrData.VerNum That way, you would only get the attributes for the current version of the document. -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 11:56 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE Need help reporting task attributes..