Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Confirmation of Node Command
Francisco_Alcala-Soler_(iaea_001user3_-_(deleted))
Hi,I have created a node command and action for the Functions Menu of a node and would like it to prompt the user for confirmation when it's executed. I have seen that there is a Confirm() script inherited from the WebNodeCmd object, but when I make it return a string, as it instructs, the user is not prompted for confirmation.The command/action is working properly otherwise. Would anybody know how to implement this? The effect I want is similar to that of the DELETE Function, which asks "Delete this object?" The only difference is that I want it triggered conditionally, not in all cases when the command is executed.(Livelink 9.1.0 on Win 2000 SP2, SQL Server 2000 SP2).Thanks, Curro
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Martin_Gäckler
That is a bug of the functions menu introduced in LL version 9.x. Opentext has hard coded the confirmation of Delete and no longer calls the "Confirm()" method of a WebNodeCmd.Martin
Francisco_Alcala-Soler_(iaea_001user3_-_(deleted))
Thanks for the info, Martin.I can see where that confirmation pop-up has been implemented for the Delete WebNodeCmd: WEBDOC.DocNodeCmd.Delete.Confirm()Would you (or anybody) know how to add a second confirmation to that same command? What I'd like to do now is to check certain conditions and ask for a second confirmation, as requested by our users. Is there a way to override the WebNodeCmd the same way I could override the Action on my own module?Thanks again, Curro
Martin_Gäckler
Hi,I have made 2 new action objects Delete and Delete2.Delete asks the user for confirmation and Delete2 makes the real deletion. These 2 actions will be used by livelink instead of the script "Action-Delete" of a WebNode object.Hope this HelpsMartin