Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Develop an application to set Personal Notifications Settings and Interests
Richard_Ma_(mtrcadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi, We run 9.1. We want to develop an application to configure Personal Notifications Settings and Interests for user. We would like to directly update Oracle table(s) using sql. Which tables to update ?Best Regards,Richard
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
eLink User
Message from chris meyer via eLinkHi Richard,Although I don't recommend writing directly to the database (a simple errorcan corrupt the system), user notification interests are stored in theNotifyEvents table while user notification delivery settings are stored inthe AgentSchedule table.chris----- Original Message -----From: "eLink Discussion: Development Discussion"To: "eLink Recipient" Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 6:01 AMSubject: Develop an application to set Personal Notifications Settings andInterests> Develop an application to set Personal Notifications Settings andInterests> Posted by MTRCAdmin on 09/11/2002 12:00 AM>> Hi,>> We run 9.1. We want to develop an application to configure PersonalNotifications Settings and Interests for user. We would like to directlyupdate Oracle table(s) using sql. Which tables to update ?>> Best Regards,> Richard>> [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]>> ============================================================>> Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=view>>
; Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>>>
;
jamespate
What about AGENTTRANSPORTS? This seems to have a foreign key from AGENTSCHEDULE (SCHEDID) and adds delivery format and address information for the notification email.
eLink User
Message from chris meyer via eLinkAgentTransports? I have never seen such a table in a Livelink system. Isthis perhaps part of a customization or module? chris----- Original Message -----From: "eLink Discussion: Development Discussion"To: "eLink Recipient" Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 9:15 AMSubject: Setting Change Agents using SQL - another table?> Setting Change Agents using SQL - another table?> Posted by CasTranAdmin on 09/12/2002 03:12 AM>> What about AGENTTRANSPORTS? This seems to have a foreign key fromAGENTSCHEDULE (SCHEDID) and adds delivery format and address information forthe notification email.>> [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]>> ============================================================>> Topic: Develop an application to set Personal Notifications Settingsand Interests>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2841049&objAction=view>>
; Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=view>>
; Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>>>
;
Richard_Ma_(mtrcadmin_-_(deleted))
Chris, I try to set Personal Notifications Settings. I insert data in AgentSchedules table. But not work in an user's Notifications Settings. I use max(schedid) + 1 for schedid. Any trick to generate schedid. Beside inserting data to the table, what I need to do ?Best Regards,Richard
eLink User
Message from Dave Kerrigan via eLinkVersion 815 had the agenttransports, this is now incorporated into the agentschedule.Re: how to work out the schedid, in Oracle this comes from a sequence - AgentSequence.NEXTVAL. This is one reason not to directlyupdate the DB since the addition of new users would be screwed if the schedid allocated had already been used.One suggestion I can make is to add a user and set their notifications through the Livelink interface, then work on replicatingthis for other users.RegardsDave-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion[mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: 12 September 2002 08:28To: eLink RecipientSubject: Re Setting Change Agents using SQL - another table?Re Setting Change Agents using SQL - another table?Posted by eLink on 09/12/2002 03:28 AMMessage from chris meyer via eLinkAgentTransports? I have never seen such a table in a Livelink system. Isthis perhaps part of a customization or module? chris----- Original Message -----From: "eLink Discussion: Development Discussion"To: "eLink Recipient" Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 9:15 AMSubject: Setting Change Agents using SQL - another table?> Setting Change Agents using SQL - another table?> Posted by CasTranAdmin on 09/12/2002 03:12 AM>> What about AGENTTRANSPORTS? This seems to have a foreign key fromAGENTSCHEDULE (SCHEDID) and adds delivery format and address information forthe notification email.>> [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]>> ============================================================>> Topic: Develop an application to set Personal Notifications Settingsand Interests>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2841049&objAction=view>>
; Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=view>>
; Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>>>[To
reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Develop an application to set Personal Notifications Settings and Interests
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2841049&objAction=viewDiscussion
: Development Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
eLink User
Message from chris meyer via eLinkHi Richard,I haven't tried what you are doing so I can't say. I assume you are usingan AgentID equal to 9999? Other than that, what you are doing sounds ok.Be certain to set the NextTime field to something in the past. It will beupdated once the agent is run.Good luck, chris----- Original Message -----From: "eLink Discussion: Development Discussion"To: "eLink Recipient" Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 10:08 AMSubject: Not work in setting Personal Notifications Settings> Not work in setting Personal Notifications Settings> Posted by MTRCAdmin on 09/12/2002 04:04 AM>> Chris,>> I try to set Personal Notifications Settings. I insert data inAgentSchedules table. But not work in an user's Notifications Settings. Iuse max(schedid) + 1 for schedid. Any trick to generate schedid. Besideinserting data to the table, what I need to do ?>> Best Regards,> Richard>> [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]>> ============================================================>> Topic: Develop an application to set Personal Notifications Settingsand Interests>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2841049&objAction=view>>
; Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=view>>
; Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>>>
;
Richard_Ma_(mtrcadmin_-_(deleted))
I try AgentSequence.NEXTVAL schedid. I try to insert data for an user's report 1 (Enable e-mail delivery). Still disable e-mail delivery in Livelink. Then I press button in livelink. Another row for report 1 is created. Any suggestion.
Richard_Ma_(mtrcadmin_-_(deleted))
Dave, If we have a huge number of users for Setting Change Agents differently, then need to create many dummy users. Any other suggestion ?Best Regards,Richard
eLink User
Message from Dave Kerrigan via eLinkThe idea of creating the (dummy) user is that if you would like to set many users the same then you use the settings for this useras a template, and since you created their settings using the Livelink UI it saves a lot of hassle trying to work out what data isrequired in each of the relevant tables, i.e. just look at the data for this user. If you have a wide range of settings thatdifferent users require then using this approach would warrant the creation of a dummy user for each "type" of user. If you'reupdating the DB you will need insert/updates for each user that needs to be changed so this really is just a way of working out whatdata to insert/update. You will find that doing it this way is likely to be a big pain.An alternative is to have a more maintainable interface to managing notifications based on groups. Group Notifications module doesthis, and I'm sure if you required any enhancements to it that would be possible.RegardsDave-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion[mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: 12 September 2002 11:01To: eLink RecipientSubject: Dave,Dave,Posted by MTRCAdmin on 09/12/2002 05:58 AMDave, If we have a huge number of users for Setting Change Agents differently, then need to create many dummy users. Any othersuggestion ?Best Regards,Richard[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Develop an application to set Personal Notifications Settings and Interests
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2841049&objAction=viewDiscussion
: Development Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
jamespate
It stores things like whether you want the email in HTML or text, and if you have specified an email address (the default is to use the one in KUAF).