Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
JAVA LAPI - Creating folders in a project throws exception- Version difference?
Infosys_Infosys_(infosysuser1_-_(deleted))
Hi,I am creating a project, discussions and folders using JAVA APIs. I am using Livelink 9.1.0.0. Creating project and folders using APIs works. But in the same project creation of folders fails. Here is the code I have used.projects.CreateObjectEx( iVolumeId, iNodeId,LAPI_DOCUMENTS.OBJECTTYPE,LAPI_DOCUMENTS.FOLDERSUBTYPE,"testFolder",llObjectInfo, llVersionInfo);I GOT THIS EXCEPTION--------------------------------------------------------com.opentext.api.LLIllegalOperationException: get(name) not implemented for this datatype at com.opentext.api.LLInstance.get(LLInstance.java:72) at com.opentext.api.LLValue.toValue(LLValue.java, Compiled Code) at com.opentext.api.LLConnect.unMarshall(LLConnect.java, Compiled Code) at com.opentext.api.LAPI_DOCUMENTS.CreateObjectEx(LAPI_DOCUMENTS.java:390)------------------------------------------I reckon either I am passing wrong parameters or API has changed now.Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.send me a mail at mirji_js@infosys.com
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
eLink User
Message from Sean M Alderman via eLinkThis is purely a guess since I've not tried lapi on 9.1 yet, but couldthis be related to the differences in volume/object ids that projectuse? There are two project objects, one will have a volume ID of -2000(or -2001,-2002 depending on how many upgrades you've done), and theother will have a volumeid which is the negative of the project id. Theproject volume object (with volid -200X) is a container for subprojects,the project object (with volid -objid) is a container for standardlivelink objects.On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 04:10, eLink Discussion: Development Discussionwrote:> JAVA LAPI - Creating folders in a project throws exception- Version difference?> Posted by infosysUser1 on 09/13/2002 04:07 AM> > Hi,> I am creating a project, discussions and folders using JAVA APIs. I am using Livelink 9.1.0.0. > Creating project and folders using APIs works. But in the same project creation of folders fails. Here is the code I have used.> > projects.CreateObjectEx( iVolumeId, iNodeId,LAPI_DOCUMENTS.OBJECTTYPE,LAPI_DOCUMENTS.FOLDERSUBTYPE,"testFolder",llObjectInfo, llVersionInfo);> I GOT THIS EXCEPTION-> -------------------------------------------------------> com.opentext.api.LLIllegalOperationException: get(name) not implemented for this datatype> at com.opentext.api.LLInstance.get(LLInstance.java:72)> at com.opentext.api.LLValue.toValue(LLValue.java, Compiled Code)> at com.opentext.api.LLConnect.unMarshall(LLConnect.java, Compiled Code)> at com.opentext.api.LAPI_DOCUMENTS.CreateObjectEx(LAPI_DOCUMENTS.java:390)> ------------------------------------------> > I reckon either I am passing wrong parameters or API has changed now.> Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.> send me a mail at mirji_js@infosys.com> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=view>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>
; > -- Sean M. AldermanITRACK Systems AnalystPACE/NCI - NASA Glenn Research Center(216) 433-2795Calling a windowed operating system "Windows" is like naming anautomobile "Wheels."