Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Problems to use LL_CreateObjectEx for Docs with required attributes
Thomas_Blume
I have to create documents they inherit categories with required attributes. So I can't use AddDocument, because the parameters objectInfo and versionInfo are OutPut-Parameters. So you can't pass attribute infos. Is that right?LLSTATUS LL_AddDocument( LLSESSION session, LLLONG parentVolID, LLLONG parentID, LLCSTR name, LLFILE filePath, LLVALUE objectInfo, LLVALUE versionInfo );If so you have to use LL_CreateObjectEx. In case of documents you have to call it with the following parameters.This example adds a document in the EnterpriseWS if I don't have required attributes. "node_in" could have a CatVersion-datastructure."lCatVersion" is the same datastructure with the Category-Info you need for "LL_SetObjectAttributesEx(session, lObjFolderObject, lCatVersion)" for example LL_ValueAlloc extendedData LL_ValueAlloc node_in LL_ValueAlloc Request LL_ValueAlloc RequiredAttributes LL_ValueAlloc objects LL_ValueAlloc tmp1 LL_ValueAlloc tmp2 status = LL_ValueSetAssocInArgs(node_in) status = LL_ValueSetAssocInArgs(extendedData) status = LL_ValueSetAssocInArgs(Request) status = LL_ValueSetAssocInArgs(RequiredAttributes)status = LL_CreateObjectEx(session, -2000, 2000, LL_VERSIONOBJECTTYPE, LL_DOCUMENTSUBTYPE, "Document Ex", node_in, tmp2)I have already worked with categories on folders. But I couldn't find a way to add the CatVersion-datastructure to the "node_in" object for the document. These both calls don't work. Who can help?LL_AssocSetAssoc(RequiredAttributes, lCatVersion)LL_AssocSetAssoc(node_in, lCatVersion)Thank you in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Steve_Piatt_(spiatt_(Delete)_891610)
In your situation, you need to deal with the createInfo.categories instead of createInfo.requiredAttributes. I believe the createInfo.requiredAttributes is for the old 8.1.5 style categories not the 9.x cats&atts. Just keep in mind that you need to work with a list of catVersions. See the documentation for for CreateObjectEx. 'Set up the categories list to contain the catVersion struct If (status = LL_OK) Then status = LL_ValueSetList(categories) End If If (status = LL_OK) Then status = LL_ValueSetLength(categories, 1) End If If (status = LL_OK) Then status = LL_ListSetValue(categories, 0, catVersion) End If ' Set the categories List in the createInfo assoc If (status = LL_OK) Then status = LL_AssocSetValue(createInfo, "categories", categories) End If