Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Return Code 402701 from LL_CreateUserEx
Thomas_Blume
Does anybody know the cause of this return code? Last time I got it when a user with the specified name did already exist. But this time it doesn't, definetely. So, what else could it mean?Thank you,Josef
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Robert_Aylsworth_(raylswor_(Delete)_2404642)
Its an error message telling you that it tried to create a new user and failed:The following is a code snippet from the CreateUserEx.Execute method.retStatus = $LLIAPI.UsersPkg.UserNew( session, .fInArgs.Name, \ .fInArgs.Password, \ .fInArgs.GroupName, \ .fInArgs.Privileges,\ .fInArgs.UserData, \ .fInArgs.Attributes,\ UNDEFINED, \ UNDEFINED, \ groupID, \ domainID ) value = ._CheckErr( retStatus ) if retStatus.OK .fOutArgs.ID = .GetUserIDByName( .fInArgs.Name, domainID ) else ._SetError( 402701, [API_Error.ErrorCreatingNewUser], retStatus.ErrMsg, retStatus.ApiError ) endHave you looked at the values of:System.out.println("Status Code: " + session.getStatus());System.out.println("Api Error: " + session.getApiError());System.out.println("Error Message: " + session.getErrMsg());System.out.println("Status Message: " + session.getStatusMessage());This should give you some insight into what values have been thrown in the UserPkg.UserNew when it didn't allow you to create a user.
Thomas_Blume
I've generated an ActiveX-DLL in VB which issues several calls before it tries to generate a user. All requests which do not change anything in the system succeed. But when I call CreateUserEx or UpdateUserInfoEx I get errors. The same program works well on another machine. By the way: it's LL 9.1 SP 2 and in VB I don't get error texts (the LL_SessionStatusError way).And I do not need to mention: It's urgent, as alwaysThanks,Josef