Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Finding user's domain?
SAA_Admin_(saarms012_-_(deleted))
Is it possible to determine what domain a user is logged into through oscript or weblingo? I want to be able to change the commonheader.html file dynamically depending on domain. Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
eLink User
Message from Sean M. Alderman via eLinkYou'll have to do it in the weblingo file I believe, since these filesget cached after first use, I don't think you would actually havesuccess in changing the weblingo file dynamically from an oscript.If you modify the weblingo file so that it gets passed in the requestvariable you should be able to see the IP address of the client in theHTTP Environment... I do this a lot with perl scripts on other systems. The domain may be a little more difficult to obtain because thewebserver must be performing name resolution on the client IP in orderfor the livelink system to have a FQDN.I'd suggest adding weblingo to the commonheader.html that changescontent conditionally on client domain or perhaps putting web lingo inthe file that calls commonheader.html to conditionally call a differentfile.On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 16:04, eLink Discussion: Development Discussionwrote:> Finding user's domain?> Posted by SAARMS012 on 02/07/2003 03:59 PM> > Is it possible to determine what domain a user is logged into through oscript or weblingo? I want to be able to change the commonheader.html file dynamically depending on domain. Thanks.> > > [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=view>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe--Sean
M. AldermanITRACK Systems AnalystPACE/NCI - NASA Glenn Research Center(216) 433-2795Captain Penny's Law: You can fool all of the people some of the time,and some of the people all of the time, but you Can't Fool Mom.
eLink User
Message from Jason Engel via eLinkDo you know any we to reset the cache without restarting the service?-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion[mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 2:43 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Re Finding user's domain?Re Finding user's domain?Posted by eLink on 02/07/2003 04:43 PMMessage from Sean M. Alderman via eLinkYou'll have to do it in the weblingo file I believe, since these filesget cached after first use, I don't think you would actually havesuccess in changing the weblingo file dynamically from an oscript.If you modify the weblingo file so that it gets passed in the requestvariable you should be able to see the IP address of the client in theHTTP Environment... I do this a lot with perl scripts on other systems. The domain may be a little more difficult to obtain because thewebserver must be performing name resolution on the client IP in orderfor the livelink system to have a FQDN.I'd suggest adding weblingo to the commonheader.html that changescontent conditionally on client domain or perhaps putting web lingo inthe file that calls commonheader.html to conditionally call a differentfile.On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 16:04, eLink Discussion: Development Discussionwrote:> Finding user's domain?> Posted by SAARMS012 on 02/07/2003 03:59 PM> > Is it possible to determine what domain a user is logged into throughoscript or weblingo? I want to be able to change the commonheader.html filedynamically depending on domain. Thanks.> > > [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=view>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe--Sean
M. AldermanITRACK Systems AnalystPACE/NCI - NASA Glenn Research Center(216) 433-2795Captain Penny's Law: You can fool all of the people some of the time,and some of the people all of the time, but you Can't Fool Mom.[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Finding user's domain?
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2963823&objAction=viewDiscussion
: Development Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
eLink User
Message from Sean M. Alderman via eLinkBefore hired here a guy wrote a module he used for just such a thing. Iguess they couldn't afford a test server so in order to work out thekinks in weblingo files between the SDK platform and our solarisproduction platform he wrote a module which would -$WebLingo.gEnableCaching = false (or true to turn caching back on)and$WebLingo.gCheckDates = false (or true to turn caching back on)I've never played with it, but I assume it works, and I imagine that ona heavily used server having caching turned off is a big performancehit!On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 16:59, eLink Discussion: Development Discussionwrote:> RE Re Finding user's domain?> Posted by eLink on 02/07/2003 04:59 PM> > Message from Jason Engel via eLink> > Do you know any we to reset the cache without restarting the service?> > -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion> [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]> Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 2:43 PM> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: Re Finding user's domain?> > > Re Finding user's domain?> Posted by eLink on 02/07/2003 04:43 PM> > Message from Sean M. Alderman via eLink> > You'll have to do it in the weblingo file I believe, since these files> get cached after first use, I don't think you would actually have> success in changing the weblingo file dynamically from an oscript.> > If you modify the weblingo file so that it gets passed in the request> variable you should be able to see the IP address of the client in the> HTTP Environment... I do this a lot with perl scripts on other systems. > The domain may be a little more difficult to obtain because the> webserver must be performing name resolution on the client IP in order> for the livelink system to have a FQDN.> > I'd suggest adding weblingo to the commonheader.html that changes> content conditionally on client domain or perhaps putting web lingo in> the file that calls commonheader.html to conditionally call a different> file.> > On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 16:04, eLink Discussion: Development Discussion> wrote:> > Finding user's domain?> > Posted by SAARMS012 on 02/07/2003 03:59 PM> > > > Is it possible to determine what domain a user is logged into through> oscript or weblingo? I want to be able to change the commonheader.html file> dynamically depending on domain. Thanks.> > > > > > [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]> > > > ============================================================> > > > Discussion: Development Discussion> >>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&o>
; bjAction=view> > > > Livelink Server:> >
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>
; --> Sean M. Alderman> ITRACK Systems Analyst> PACE/NCI - NASA Glenn Research Center> (216) 433-2795> > Captain Penny's Law: You can fool all of the people some of the time,> and some of the people all of the time, but you Can't Fool Mom.> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Topic: Finding user's domain?>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2963823&>
; objAction=view> > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&o>
; bjAction=view> > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>
; > [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Topic: Finding user's domain?>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2963823&objAction=view>
; > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=view>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe--Sean
M. AldermanITRACK Systems AnalystPACE/NCI - NASA Glenn Research Center(216) 433-2795The only rose without thorns is friendship.
eLink User
Message from Jason Engel via eLinkI wouldn't want to leave it off. I want to be able to post a maintenancewindow on the login page without bringing livelink down to clear the cache.Do you think I could turn off the cache on a page by page basis?-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion[mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 3:13 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Re RE Re Finding user's domain?Re RE Re Finding user's domain?Posted by eLink on 02/07/2003 05:12 PMMessage from Sean M. Alderman via eLinkBefore hired here a guy wrote a module he used for just such a thing. Iguess they couldn't afford a test server so in order to work out thekinks in weblingo files between the SDK platform and our solarisproduction platform he wrote a module which would -$WebLingo.gEnableCaching = false (or true to turn caching back on)and$WebLingo.gCheckDates = false (or true to turn caching back on)I've never played with it, but I assume it works, and I imagine that ona heavily used server having caching turned off is a big performancehit!On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 16:59, eLink Discussion: Development Discussionwrote:> RE Re Finding user's domain?> Posted by eLink on 02/07/2003 04:59 PM> > Message from Jason Engel via eLink> > Do you know any we to reset the cache without restarting the service?> > -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion> [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]> Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 2:43 PM> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: Re Finding user's domain?> > > Re Finding user's domain?> Posted by eLink on 02/07/2003 04:43 PM> > Message from Sean M. Alderman via eLink> > You'll have to do it in the weblingo file I believe, since these files> get cached after first use, I don't think you would actually have> success in changing the weblingo file dynamically from an oscript.> > If you modify the weblingo file so that it gets passed in the request> variable you should be able to see the IP address of the client in the> HTTP Environment... I do this a lot with perl scripts on other systems. > The domain may be a little more difficult to obtain because the> webserver must be performing name resolution on the client IP in order> for the livelink system to have a FQDN.> > I'd suggest adding weblingo to the commonheader.html that changes> content conditionally on client domain or perhaps putting web lingo in> the file that calls commonheader.html to conditionally call a different> file.> > On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 16:04, eLink Discussion: Development Discussion> wrote:> > Finding user's domain?> > Posted by SAARMS012 on 02/07/2003 03:59 PM> > > > Is it possible to determine what domain a user is logged into through> oscript or weblingo? I want to be able to change the commonheader.htmlfile> dynamically depending on domain. Thanks.> > > > > > [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]> > > > ============================================================> > > > Discussion: Development Discussion> >>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&o>
; bjAction=view> > > > Livelink Server:> >
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>
; --> Sean M. Alderman> ITRACK Systems Analyst> PACE/NCI - NASA Glenn Research Center> (216) 433-2795> > Captain Penny's Law: You can fool all of the people some of the time,> and some of the people all of the time, but you Can't Fool Mom.> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Topic: Finding user's domain?>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2963823&>
; objAction=view> > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&o>
; bjAction=view> > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>
; > [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Topic: Finding user's domain?>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2963823&objAction=view>
; > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=view>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe--Sean
M. AldermanITRACK Systems AnalystPACE/NCI - NASA Glenn Research Center(216) 433-2795The only rose without thorns is friendship.[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Finding user's domain?
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2963823&objAction=viewDiscussion
: Development Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
SAA_Admin_(saarms012_-_(deleted))
I am speaking of the Livelink's Domain feature, not the IP Domain name of the client. Is there a variable that contains the current user's LiveLink Domain?