Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
LiveReport searching by Object ID
abrown
I am trying to create a LiveReport which allows you to search for any object in Livelink. I try to use this report 'select * from dtree where dataid=%1 and %2'but the problem with this report is when a user searches for a document (word, excel etc..) the report is unable to recognize the mime type (the icon is a yellow note pad) and it tries to 'view' the document instead of fetching it. Is there anyway I can create a report where it recognizes the mimetype so it launches the native application?Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Chris_de_Boer_(cdeboer_-_(deleted))
Allen,Try this:Select a.*, b.mimetype from dtree a, dversdata b where a.dataid = b.docid and a.dataid = %1 and %2Chris.deboer@wisdom.nl
***_****_(citlon01admin_-_(deleted))
I have the same problem and have found no solution. I use Select * from dtree where DATAID = %1 and %2 ther 1 is the id number and 2 being foltering on permissions.The icon does not have any effect on the viewing and fetching. Mime type is a database entry. Any document I click on is in view mode. The same as if in the enterprise. To fetch into native use the function list and fetch. To change the function from viewing when clicked to fetching requires a few changes from the out of the box configuration. I do believe you have to modify the oScripts to change the functionality. That would effect all workspaces and the reports amongst other areas.David LoffhagenCity of London
***_****_(citlon01admin_-_(deleted))
Thanks Chris. That works great for the icon. But the functionality of click and getting the view instead of the fetch will remain the same. You have visually corrected the report for me. It look alot better now.Thanks David LoffhagenCity of London
abrown
I made changes to the LiveReport. It now works on any object type but for some reason for every object that is assoiciated with a 'document' (i.e. word, excel)it is giving me two results, one that allows me to fetch the document and the other that allows me to view the document.select %3, v.mimetype from dtree, dversdata v where dtree.dataid=v.docid and dtree.versionnum=v.version and dataid=%1 and %2 union select %3, ' ' from dtree where dataid=%1 and %2%3 - Report Fields
eLink User
Message from Alex Kowalenko via eLinkOf course, the union produces two rows for every object with a version. Useouter joins to remove double-vision:Oracle: select %3, v.mimetype from dtree, dversdata v wheredtree.dataid=v.docid (+) and dtree.versionnum=v.version (+) and dataid=%1and %2MSSQL: select %3, v.mimetype from dtree, dversdata v wheredtree.dataid*=v.docid and dtree.versionnum*=v.version and dataid=%1 and %2-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 9:20 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: update to LiveReportupdate to LiveReportPosted by NorCDNAdmin on 02/21/2003 09:19 AMI made changes to the LiveReport. It now works on any object type but forsome reason for every object that is assoiciated with a 'document' (i.e.word, excel)it is giving me two results, one that allows me to fetch thedocument and the other that allows me to view the document.select %3, v.mimetype from dtree, dversdata v where dtree.dataid=v.docid anddtree.versionnum=v.version and dataid=%1 and %2 union select %3, ' ' fromdtree where dataid=%1 and %2%3 - Report Fields[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: LiveReport searching by Object ID
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2967714&objAction=viewDiscussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2249677&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
abrown
Thanks Alex! I got the report to work but in my LiveReport under "Display Columns" I have a list of fields (DataID, DComment, CreateDate, ModifyDate and ParentID). When I run the report all those fields come up with the 'An unknown feature was specified' error. When I change 'Report Format' from LiveReport to AutoLiveReport I get the fields to show the correct data but I am unable to click on the document and launch the native application. In order for that to work I need to have "Report Format' set to LiveReport. What can I do to resolve this issue?
eLink User
Message from Alex Kowalenko via eLinkYou have to add the display column DTree fields to the query. The "ReportFields" parameter only adds some of them. The easiest way would be to removethe "Report Fields" substitution tag, %3, and add all fields using theDTree.* clause:select DTree.*, v.mimetype from dtree, dversdata v wheredtree.dataid=v.docid (+) and dtree.versionnum=v.version (+) and dataid=%1and %2-alex------Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 4:29 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Thanks Alex! I got the report to work but in my LiveReportunder "Display...Thanks Alex! I got the report to work but in my LiveReport under"Display...Posted by NorCDNAdmin on 02/21/2003 03:19 PMThanks Alex! I got the report to work but in my LiveReport under "DisplayColumns" I have a list of fields (DataID, DComment, CreateDate, ModifyDateand ParentID). When I run the report all those fields come up with the 'Anunknown feature was specified' error. When I change 'Report Format' fromLiveReport to AutoLiveReport I get the fields to show the correct data but Iam unable to click on the document and launch the native application. Inorder for that to work I need to have "Report Format' set to LiveReport.What can I do to resolve this issue?[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: LiveReport searching by Object ID
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2967714&objAction=viewDiscussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2249677&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe