Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Sub-Report not working with format LiveReport
Timo_Schrama_(citeeuser1_-_(deleted))
I can't get a sub-report running when using the format 'LiveReport'. Is that a known issue or am I doing someting wrong?Thanks for your reply.Timo Schrama
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
eLink User
Message from Bhupinder Singh via eLinkThe LiveReport format requires you to include the DTREE table in the SQLquery of the report. If DTREE is not included in the query, the LiveReportformat will not work.If your SQL query does not contain "select * from DTREE", you can select aparameter of type Report Fields from DTREE to meet the requirements of thisformat.Sincerely,Bhupinder-------------------------------------------------------------------------Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed. Customer SupportOpen Text Corporation Waterloo, Ontario, CanadaCustomer support e-mail: support@opentext.comCustomer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292------------------------------------------------------------------------------Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 10:21 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Sub-Report not working with format LiveReportSub-Report not working with format LiveReportPosted by CiteeUser1 on 03/06/2003 10:06 AMI can't get a sub-report running when using the format 'LiveReport'. Is thata known issue or am I doing someting wrong?Thanks for your reply.Timo Schrama[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2249677&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
Timo_Schrama_(citeeuser1_-_(deleted))
I've tried your solution, but it doesn't work for me.I used this LiveReport:Select * from Dtree where userid=1234Format: LiveReportSubreport: LiveReport_ABCIt gives a nice list of documents, but no details function.We're using Oracle, maybe that's got to with it?Thank for your help.Greeting,Timo Schrama
eLink User
Message from Bhupinder Singh via eLinkWhat's the SQL you are using in the SubReport "LiveReport_ABC", and whatparameters are being passed to the subreport from the main report?- Bhupinder-------------------------------------------------------------------------Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed. Customer SupportOpen Text Corporation Waterloo, Ontario, CanadaCustomer support e-mail: support@opentext.comCustomer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292------------------------------------------------------------------------------Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 5:08 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: I've tried your solution, but it doesn't work for me.I've tried your solution, but it doesn't work for me.Posted by CiteeUser1 on 03/11/2003 05:05 AMI've tried your solution, but it doesn't work for me.I used this LiveReport:Select * from Dtree where userid=1234Format: LiveReportSubreport: LiveReport_ABCIt gives a nice list of documents, but no details function.We're using Oracle, maybe that's got to with it?Thank for your help.Greeting,Timo Schrama[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Sub-Report not working with format LiveReport
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2982308&objAction=viewDiscussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2249677&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
eLink User
Message from Bhupinder Singh via eLinkIf you set the format of the report to "AutoLiveReport", you should see aDetails link in an "Actions" column on the far right of the page.- Bhupinder-------------------------------------------------------------------------Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed. Customer SupportOpen Text Corporation Waterloo, Ontario, CanadaCustomer support e-mail: support@opentext.comCustomer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292------------------------------------------------------------------------------Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 5:08 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: I've tried your solution, but it doesn't work for me.I've tried your solution, but it doesn't work for me.Posted by CiteeUser1 on 03/11/2003 05:05 AMI've tried your solution, but it doesn't work for me.I used this LiveReport:Select * from Dtree where userid=1234Format: LiveReportSubreport: LiveReport_ABCIt gives a nice list of documents, but no details function.We're using Oracle, maybe that's got to with it?Thank for your help.Greeting,Timo Schrama[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Sub-Report not working with format LiveReport
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2982308&objAction=viewDiscussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2249677&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
Timo_Schrama_(citeeuser1_-_(deleted))
Yes, that works, but is not wat I want to have.I want to show a list of objects you can click on to see them and click on details if it's a folder to see the objects within that folder.With LiveReport format I can achieve the 'click on objects' but no possibility to click on details. With AutoLiveReport format it's the other way around....Could it be a bug?Greetings,Timo Schrama
eLink User
Message from Bhupinder Singh via eLinkThis was entered as the following bug in our bugs database, and is currentlymarked as a suggestion for a future release:Bug Description (#1602075)In a LiveReport with a subreport, the 'DETAILS' action will not display ifreport format is set to 'LiveReport'. The format of the subreport has noeffect on the outcome.The bug indicates the following published text, which should have appearedin the release notes:In a LiveReport with a Click-thru SubReport, the "DETAILS" action will notdisplay if report format is set to "LiveReport". (1602075)...however, upon checking various release notes for different versions ofLivelink, I didn't find any reference to the above. I've alerted productmanagement about this today so that the release notes can be revisedaccordingly.Sincerely,Bhupinder-------------------------------------------------------------------------Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed. Customer SupportOpen Text Corporation Waterloo, Ontario, CanadaCustomer support e-mail: support@opentext.comCustomer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292------------------------------------------------------------------------------Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 6:45 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Yes, that works, but is not wat I want to have.Yes, that works, but is not wat I want to have.Posted by CiteeUser1 on 03/12/2003 06:43 AMYes, that works, but is not wat I want to have.I want to show a list of objects you can click on to see them and click ondetails if it's a folder to see the objects within that folder.With LiveReport format I can achieve the 'click on objects' but nopossibility to click on details. With AutoLiveReport format it's the otherway around....Could it be a bug?Greetings,Timo Schrama[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Sub-Report not working with format LiveReport
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2982308&objAction=viewDiscussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2249677&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
Timo_Schrama_(citeeuser1_-_(deleted))
Thanks for your support. I'll just wait for a new release.Thanks,Timo
Benoit_Robidoux
Hello Bhupinder,I saw in 9.2 sp1 and 9.5 sp1 releases notes that the bug 1602075 is not resolved !Is it suppose to be soon ?It would be very helpfull to display 'DETAILS' action with report format set to 'LiveReport'Benoit Robidoux
Edgar_Melendez_(eu0014565_-_(deleted))
I'm working with Livelink 9.5 and this is still a problem with Livereports. Is there any status as to when this bug will be fixed?
Bhupinder_Singh
Message from Bhupinder Singh via eLinkAs of December 1, 2005, the status of the bug (#1602075)is "Open" andscheduled for a future release, but it hasn't been scheduled yet for aspecific release. If you wish, you can open a support ticket in order torequest an escalation on this bug if it is a priority for yourorganization.- Bhupinder------------------------------------------------------ Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed. Senior Product Specialist, Customer Support Open Text Corporation, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada Customer support e-mail: support@opentext.com Customer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292 ------------------------------------------------------ -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:56 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Sub Report Details for a format Type of LiveReport not workingin 9.5Sub Report Details for a format Type of LiveReport not working in 9.5Posted by Melendez, Edgar on 12/01/2005 05:52 PMI'm working with Livelink 9.5 and this is still a problem withLivereports. Is there any status as to when this bug will be fixed?[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Sub-Report not working with format LiveReport
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2982308Discussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Chris_Jones
Message from Jones, Christopher L. \(IT\) via eLinkEdgar,I have logged this problem a few years ago and was given a bug numberand told it would be fixed. This would be great value added. I have afew duplicated reports because the LiveReport format can not go to a SubReport. I looked at this in 9.5 a few months ago and had the samefeeling as you.Thank you,C3.jones@ngc.com -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:56 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Sub Report Details for a format Type of LiveReport not workingin 9.5Sub Report Details for a format Type of LiveReport not working in 9.5Posted by Melendez, Edgar on 12/01/2005 05:52 PMI'm working with Livelink 9.5 and this is still a problem withLivereports. Is there any status as to when this bug will be fixed?[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Sub-Report not working with format LiveReport
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2982308Discussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.