-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: April 21, 2003 4:13 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: LL_SessionAllocFromCookieEx Function in VB LL_SessionAllocFromCookieEx Function in VB Posted by elpasouser3 on 04/21/2003 04:08 PM I am trying to use the LL_SessionAllocFromCookieEx. We have NTFS authentication set up for logging in and I am able to login to LiveLink with my system user ID and password without a login prompt. I am able to retrieve the "LLCookie" cookie back and pass it to the function. I am appending the "/" to the beginning of the cookie and the ";" to the end of the cookie as noted in the instructions. I just cannot seem to be able to figure out the correct config parameters to pass to the function to be able to login to LiveLink with this function. I receive the message that the server returned an invalid response. Status Code is: -2147418069Any help is greatly appreciated!! I have not been able to find any sample code and I am a little confused by the documentation as to what I need.This is an extract of the code I am using:If (status = LL_OK) Thenstatus = LL_ValueAlloc(config)ElsetestLogin = "Failed"Exit FunctionEnd IfIf (status = LL_OK) Thenstatus = LL_ValueSetAssoc(config)ElsetestLogin = "Failed"Exit FunctionEnd IfIf (status = LL_OK) Thenstatus = LL_AssocSetInteger(config, "HTTPS", LL_FALSE)ElsetestLogin = "Failed"Exit FunctionEnd IfIf (status = LL_OK) Thenstatus = LL_AssocSetString(config, "LivelinkCGI", "http://" & serverName & "/livelink/livelink.exe")ElsetestLogin = "Failed"Exit FunctionEnd IfIf (status = LL_OK) Then'status = LL_AssocSetString(config, "HTTPUserName", "myHTTPUserName")ElsetestLogin = "Failed"Exit FunctionEnd IfIf (status = LL_OK) Then'status = LL_AssocSetString(config, "HTTPPassword", "myHTTPPassword")ElsetestLogin = "Failed"Exit FunctionEnd Ifserver = serverNameport = 2099status = LL_SessionAllocFromCookieEx(session, server, port, cookieValue, config)
-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: April 24, 2003 10:29 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: We are just using a standard IIS install with no customization at all. We are just using a standard IIS install with no customization at all. Posted by elpasouser3 on 04/24/2003 10:25 AM In reply to: RE I can use port 80 when using a web page on the machine that has IIS installed... Posted by RIMUser3 (Kish, Will) on 04/23/2003 03:27 PM We are just using a standard IIS install with no customization at all. Like I say this works if I use a web page on the host machine where LiveLink and IIS are installed. It logs in every time. When I try to login from a different machine I get the error. I am able to login to livelink from the client machine using the NTFS authentication.Thanks,Bill Mendesbmendes@col-col.com
-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: April 24, 2003 3:28 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: I added the port in and now I am getting the following error which I can't find... I added the port in and now I am getting the following error which I can't find... Posted by elpasouser3 on 04/24/2003 03:20 PM In reply to: RE We are just using a standard IIS install with no customization at all. Posted by kward (Ward, Kevin) on 04/24/2003 11:09 AM I added the port in and now I am getting the following error which I can't find in the documentation. If anyone can see what I may be missing, I have included all of the parameters that I am sending to the function.Could Not Log In: Status = -2147482645Session = 73180712Server = 10.1.1.114ServerName = http://10.1.1.114:80/LiveLink/livelink.exeport = 80Livelink_UID = WEMCookie = /EwPiE+IT4nNDc8SWZ1ZlllZ38lbmdpbmVlYnluZ2xXdW1vKldVPmFnVTxqWFpAcm1kY2RiNlRxQUFBTyAAAA;Time: 4/24/2003 3:14:19 PMLast Status = 0LiveLinkDIR = /LiveLink/livelink.exeThanks,Bill Mendesbmendes@col-col.com
-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: April 24, 2003 4:50 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: I am using strictly Integrated Windows Authentication. So you are saying that... I am using strictly Integrated Windows Authentication. So you are saying that... Posted by elpasouser3 on 04/24/2003 04:46 PM In reply to: RE I added the port in and now I am getting the following error which I can't find... Posted by kward (Ward, Kevin) on 04/24/2003 03:44 PM I am using strictly Integrated Windows Authentication. So you are saying that we may have to pass the user's password to the program in order to login?If I checkoff (enable) Anonymous Access then the login to Livelink becomes required. Sounds like I am caught between that rock and a hard place??Thanks,Bill Mendesbmendes@col-col.com
-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: April 25, 2003 2:58 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Hi Kevin Hi Kevin Posted by elpasouser3 on 04/25/2003 02:55 PM In reply to: RE I am using strictly Integrated Windows Authentication. So you are saying that... Posted by kward (Ward, Kevin) on 04/25/2003 08:53 AM Hi Kevin:First thanks for all your help in this. I do understand the authentication in IIS. I just could not remember how many ways I had attempted it in the past week <GR>!!I have both Basic and Integrated checked on the web server in IIS. I am passing the following in the config parameterstatus = LL_AssocSetString(config, "HTTPUserName", "GW285\Administrator")status = LL_AssocSetString(config, "HTTPPassword", "password")The user name and password are the Administrator's id and password on the server. I used them just to eliminate any other questions about rights, etc on the remote machine (server).It still only allows me to login to the server. When I am getting the Basic Authentication Box to login, I have tried the administrator on the machine, I have tried a valid User on our system and both fail. Again it works flawlessly when I log in directly via the server. I still get the Status of -2147482645 returned. I can't find that code documented so I am not even sure what the error is....Thanks,Bill Mendesbmendes@col-col.com