I amslightly confused. ;-)
You shouldhave no problem overriding fScripts even if it is inherited. Where you wouldrun into trouble is if you tried to override something like OSParent which mustpoint to its parent. As for making fScripts a string, that won’t work as youhave already found out. It must be dynamic (actually it is a reference butnever mind). FScripts must remain as a dynamic as it was when you made theorphan of ModuleDBObject.
<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>
Might I suggestyou delete the orphan of ModuleDBObject and begin again? Now edit (doubleclick) fScripts and edit the hexadecimal number to the number of the DBScriptsobject. If this still doesn’t work then you could zip your module and email itto me. I’m in the classroom all week but will try to look at it as soon as I can.
Howard
______________________
Howard Pell
Senior Technical Educator
Liaison, Special Projects
Open Text Corporation
www.opentext.com
(1-519) 888-7111 Ext. 2203
-----OriginalMessage-----From: eLink Discussion:Development Discussion [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 3:29PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Part of the Problem
Part of the Problem
Posted by GenDUser6 (Network Systems, General Dynamics) on 04/28/2003 03:18 PM
In reply to: Update Schema through Module
Posted by GenDUser6 (Network Systems, General Dynamics) on 04/28/2003 01:38 PM
Part of the problem was that the feature Oracle had a value of '#5e000109' but wasn't actually pointing to the "DBScripts>Oracle" Child Node. I eventually deleted the Oracle feature opened up a second Ospace Browse window and dragged the Oracle Child to the DBScripts node and added the feature that way. One area of confusion: How do you override a feature that is inherited with the value of a Node (ie. #1234567)? I'm trying to override the fScripts value with the value of the DBScripts Node but it won't let me. The only way I can change the value is if I make it a String instead of a Dynamic. If I do that and then Inspect the fScripts feature, it doesn't bring me to the DBScripts child object. Did I confuse you? ) Any help appreciated. Mike