Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
ApplyQuery Function and OTSTARTS Syntax
mdc
I am trying to search over document attribute data and am having difficulties with wild card searchs. Lets say there is a String based attribute with a value '4816':I can use the web interface's advanced search and find the correct document with '4*', but if I use ApplyQuery and try[region "Attr_12345_1"] qlregex "4*"I dont get anything back. if I try "48" or "81" or "16" or even "^4", things work fine. "4", "4*", "*4*", and "4+" all return nothing.Has anyone run into this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Mike_Jory_(MJory_(Delete)_840963)
Message from Michael Jory via eLinkGeorge, Are you specifying the Livelink Query Language or OTSTARTS when issuingyour query through ApplyQuery? It sounds like you want to be using LivelinkQuery Language, if you are trying to mimic the behaviour you see in the Webinterface. Are you using the C, Java, or Visual Basic LAPI interface? What version ofLivelink are you searching? Do you want to send a sample program thatdemonstrates the issue? Thanks! Mike> -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion> [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]> Sent: June 19, 2003 12:50 PM> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: ApplyQuery Function and OTSTARTS Syntax>>> ApplyQuery Function and OTSTARTS Syntax> Posted by Sutterley, George on 06/19/2003 12:40 PM>> I am trying to search over document attribute data and am having> difficulties with wild card searchs. Lets say there is a String> based attribute with a value '4816':>> I can use the web interface's advanced search and find the> correct document with '4*', but if I use ApplyQuery and try>> [region "Attr_12345_1"] qlregex "4*">> I dont get anything back. if I try "48" or "81" or "16" or even> "^4", things work fine. "4", "4*", "*4*", and "4+" all return nothing.>> Has anyone run into this?>> [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]>> ============================================================>> Discussion: LAPI Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=765428&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
mdc
In the QueryConversion attribute Im using 'None'. I tried to use LiveLinkQueryLanguage and then ("Attr_1235_1":"4816"), but that doesnt seem to work at all. Atleast with the OTSTARTS syntax it works for most cases except when Im searching over a single number.As far as my language. Im using Morningstar's SOAP+ module, where the ApplyQuery is being called from within Builder. Im watching it step through, and all of the values are going through properly.
Mike_Jory_(MJory_(Delete)_840963)
Message from Michael Jory via eLinkNone is the same as OTSTARTS. However, the query that you are using isdefinitely a Livelink Query Language query, not an OTSTARTS query, so youare not getting the results that you think you are. I think I would need tosee how your query is being modified by builder in order for me tounderstand what you are trying to do and how best to achieve it. I am notfamiliar with Morningstar's SOAP+ module, so I would have to defer to themto understand how best to deal with your situation.The OTSTARTS equivalent of the query that you are passing is:[ region "Attr_1235_1" ] "4816" Mike> -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion> [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]> Sent: June 20, 2003 1:57 PM> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: In the QueryConversion attribute Im using 'None'. I tried to> use...>>> In the QueryConversion attribute Im using 'None'. I tried to use...> Posted by Sutterley, George on 06/20/2003 01:55 PM>> In the QueryConversion attribute Im using 'None'. I tried to use> LiveLinkQueryLanguage and then ("Attr_1235_1":"4816"), but that> doesnt seem to work at all. Atleast with the OTSTARTS syntax it> works for most cases except when Im searching over a single number.>> As far as my language. Im using Morningstar's SOAP+ module,> where the ApplyQuery is being called from within Builder. Im> watching it step through, and all of the values are going through> properly.>> [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]>> ============================================================>> Topic: ApplyQuery Function and OTSTARTS Syntax>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objI>
; d=3085978&objAction=view>> Discussion: LAPI Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=765428&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
mdc
I guess my original post was not clear. I am using OSTARTS and [ region "Attr_1235_1" ] "4816" works fine. But when I try to do a wildcard search. I can only search over two or numbers at a time ie."48" or "16" or "481" or etc....When I try to do a search for just the number 4. Nothing comes back. I've tried "4*" and "4+" and "4" and other combinations but nothing works. I would like to try the LiveLinkQueryLanguage, but that doesnt work at all for me.So to put my question into a single sentence:"How do you search for a single character in a string?" The obvious[ region "Attr_1235_1" ] "4" does not work
mdc
Just played with an Attribute field that exisits as a dropdownlist with single character values (ie. 'C','G', etc.) and search for "C" worked fine.[ region "Attr_1235_2" ] "C"
Mike_Jory_(MJory_(Delete)_840963)
Message from Michael Jory via eLinkThanks for the clarification. Are you sure that there is a number 4 in thatfield? If you are, then the last query you provided should work. If you wishto perform a search for all numbers in that field that begin with 4, then Iwould suggest the following query:[ region "Attr_1235_1" ] right-truncation "4" Mike> -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion> [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]> Sent: June 20, 2003 2:45 PM> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: RE Apply Query>>> RE Apply Query> Posted by Sutterley, George on 06/20/2003 02:42 PM>> I guess my original post was not clear. I am using OSTARTS and>> [ region "Attr_1235_1" ] "4816">> works fine. But when I try to do a wildcard search. I can only> search over two or numbers at a time ie.>> "48" or "16" or "481" or etc....>> When I try to do a search for just the number 4. Nothing comes> back. I've tried "4*" and "4+" and "4" and other combinations> but nothing works. I would like to try the> LiveLinkQueryLanguage, but that doesnt work at all for me.>> So to put my question into a single sentence:"How do you search> for a single character in a string?" The obvious>> [ region "Attr_1235_1" ] "4">> does not work>> [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]>> ============================================================>> Topic: ApplyQuery Function and OTSTARTS Syntax>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=3085978&objAction=viewDiscussion
: LAPI Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=765428&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe