Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How many documents are in a folder and its subfolders
Dimitri__Vanderheyde_(x-efsbruadmin_-_(deleted))
Our folders are grouped according to the various departments. I would like to write a LiveReport that gives the total number of documents in a folder and its subfolders grouped by department. For example, I would a number of all the documents in the Finance area then Communications, HR etc. I have written something but it does not work well. I have searched this Discussion but found nothing that could help me. Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dave_Ebels_(jocoadmin_-_(deleted))
I use a live report to count files in a folder, and subsequent child or sub folders. The SQL in the live report is; select count(datasize)"File count" from dversdata where docid in (select dataid from dtree start with dataid in () connect by prior dataid=parentid)Remove and add your folder object ID. The report returns a file count using the parent object ID as a starting point. You can add as many object ID's as you like, seperated with commas. This only gives a file count, so I have created several live reports, named for the department, and I simply run them, copy & paste the results into excel and move to the next report. It does not take long, and I can look at a specific department any time I like.Another interestig tool I use is an adaptation of the 'Project Outline' feature. I created a URL object in my personal workspace and called it 'xyz folder outline'. In the URL added I placed the following ?func=Projects.ProjectOutline&objid=xxxxxx&ItemType_144=&ItemType_0=where again I add the object ID (xxxxxx) of a folder I want an outline for. Replace the x's with a folder object ID and run it. I hope these help!Dave EbelsJohnson Controlsdave.j.ebels@jci.com
Dimitri__Vanderheyde_(x-efsbruadmin_-_(deleted))
Thanks, a lot Dave! I will give this a try.
Chad Latka
Does this work for SQL Server 2000 ? select count(datasize)"File count" from dversdata where docid in (select dataid from dtree start with dataid in () connect by prior dataid=parentid)
Appu_Nair
No "connect by"is a Oracle construct. SQLserver will throw an error.In SQL server usually you need to create a function or stored proc that the Oracle software is doing.A lot of fully functioning examples are in this discussion area as recently as today.A great Oracle connect by link
http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/3552521/Just-SQL-Part-VII--Hierarchical-Queries.htmA
great sqlserver link provided it is SQL2005
http://consultingblogs.emc.com/christianwade/archive/2004/11/09/234.aspx
Lenny_Walker
How would I get this to work with an input so i can count from a sepcfic container?