Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How to use the path specified in the external directory as the Department
Hiroki_Ito_(itomak@infocom.co.jp_(Delete)_2599137)
Hello,I'm setting up LL DS 2.2.2 with the option parameters below.Authentication : LDAP AuthenticationSynchronization : LDAP Synchronization (Read-Only LDAP)I typed "seeAlso" in the "Department" field in the "User Attribute Mapping" section to use the path specified in the external directory for Sun One Directory Server as the value of "Department" in the LL User's profileBut it was failed.Could you tell me what's wrong or the correct way to define the "Department" by using the path in the external directory.Hiro
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Geoff_Obbard
Message from Geoff Obbard <<A HREF="mailto:gobbard@opentext.com">gobbard@opentext.com> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
Message
Hi Hiro,
A user's LDAP department attribute must contain the name of a group in Livelink that is to be the user's department. The value can be the DN of a synchronised group, the name of a group in Livelink, or a name from the department mappings table (if department mapping is enabled).
For example, suppose I have a group called Customer Support in Livelink that I want to be my department, and my department attribute in LDAP is called 'department'. I can have my department attribute set to 'Customer Support', or 'cn=Customer Support,ou=Groups,o=mycompany.com'. If I enable department mapping and create a mapping between '12345' and 'Customer Support', I can set the department attribute for my user to '12345' and Livelink will put me in the 'Customer Support' group.
I hope this helps answer your question,
Geoff
Hiroki_Ito_(itomak@infocom.co.jp_(Delete)_2599137)
Hi Geoff,Thank you for your quick response!I understand what you tell us. That's very remarkable.But I'd like to use the path in the external directory to have Livelink configure the value of the department in Livelink without using LDAP department attribute. There is a description about "Department field" on the help page for Livelink below.#####################################################################################################In the Department field, do one of the following:Leave blank to use the default path.Type seeAlso: to use the path specified by the administrator of the external directory for Netscape.#####################################################################################################I think that in case I type "seeAlso" in the Department field and there is the LDAP(Netscape) user whose path is 'cn=Customer Support,ou=Groups,o=mycompany.com', Livelink will put this user in the "Customer Support" as the department of Livelink user's profile.My recognition is right?If your answer is OK, please tell me details about that.Best regard,Hiro
Geoff_Obbard
Message from Geoff Obbard <<A HREF="mailto:gobbard@opentext.com">gobbard@opentext.com> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
Message
Hi Hiro,
I think you may have misunderstood the help page. 'seeAlso' is simply one attribute of a user that can define a user's department. This attribute must have a value that corresponds to a group in Livelink.
Directory Services will not put users in a department based on their parent DN. For example, if my DN is "cn=Geoff Obbard, ou=Customer Support, o=Open Text Corporation", Directory Services will not set my department to Customer Support simply because that is my entry's container in the directory tree. To have DS set my department to "Customer Support", I would have to create a group in Livelink called "Customer Support" (either manually, or through synchronisation), set an attribute of my entry to "Customer Support", then tell Livelink that this attribute is my department attribute.
I hope this helps,
Geoff
Hiroki_Ito_(itomak@infocom.co.jp_(Delete)_2599137)
Hi Geoff,I understand.Your reply is really appreciated!!Hiro