Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Problem with time
Dan_Noble_(bupaadmin_-_(deleted))
I have a FROM DATE input and a TO DATE input but I need to search from the beginning of the from day to the end of the to date.The data I am searching has time included. The input parameter does not include time.If I enter the same date in both the FROM and TO inputs it returns 'no results found'. I have to enter the day before to the day after the results I want.Does anyone know a way around this ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bhupinder_Singh
Message from Bhupinder Singh via eLinkWhat if you truncate the date fields, removing the time stamp recorded inthose fields? To truncate the time off a date field, consider the MS-SQL andOracle specific examples below:------MS-SQL------select max(modifydate) from DTREE -- gives output -- "Feb/04/2002 10:14 AM"select left(max(modifydate),11) from DTREE -- gives output -- "Feb 4 2002 "select cast(max(modifydate) as char) from DTREE -- gives output -- "Feb 42002 10:16 AM "select substring(cast(max(modifydate) as char), 1, 12) from DTREE -- givesoutput -- "Feb 4 2002 "------Oracle------select max(modifydate) from DTREE -- gives output -- "02/04/2002 10:47 AM "select to_char(max(modifydate),'MM/DD/YYYY') from DTREE -- gives output"02/04/2002 "- Bhupinder-------------------------------------------------------------------------Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed. Customer SupportOpen Text Corporation Waterloo, Ontario, CanadaCustomer support e-mail: support@opentext.comCustomer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292------------------------------------------------------------------------------Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 12:49 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Problem with timeProblem with timePosted by Matthews, Darren on 10/02/2003 12:44 PMI have a FROM DATE input and a TO DATE input but I need to search from thebeginning of the from day to the end of the to date.The data I am searching has time included. The input parameter does notinclude time.If I enter the same date in both the FROM and TO inputs it returns 'noresults found'. I have to enter the day before to the day after the resultsI want.Does anyone know a way around this ?[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2249677&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
Santosh_Nair_(sglcadmin7_-_(deleted))
You can even try using trunc(fromdate) to extract the date part in Oracle. I am not sure of the equivalent function in MS-SQLKrishna