Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Help with report please?
DeloitteAdmin_(Delete)_2707331
Hi,I have a report with 2 input parameters, one is a string input the other is a user input..WHen I enter only the user input, the report works correctly and displays only record for that input.when i enter only the string input, no records are returned, I know there are record in the DB with the strin input value, and I have been able to make this work in another scenario..Why can I not enter in just the string input and have values returned?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bhupinder_Singh
Message from Bhupinder Singh via eLinkWhat database is being used with Livelink, and what is the SQL you are using in your report?- Bhupinder------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed. Senior Product Specialist, Customer Support Open Text Corporation, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada Customer support e-mail: support@opentext.com Customer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292 ------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2004 6:30 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Help with report please?Help with report please?Posted by DeloitteAdmin on 02/08/2004 06:26 PMHi,I have a report with 2 input parameters, one is a string input the other is a user input..WHen I enter only the user input, the report works correctly and displays only record for that input.when i enter only the string input, no records are returned, I know there are record in the DB with the strin input value, and Ihave been able to make this work in another scenario..Why can I not enter in just the string input and have values returned?[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2249677&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
DeloitteAdmin_(Delete)_2707331
Hello Bhupinder,The DB I am using is MS SQL ServerThe SQL query is as follows:select Versionnum,DataID,Delivery_Area "Delivery Area",CASE kuaf.type WHEN 0 THEN kuaf.lastname + ', ' + kuaf.firstname WHEN 1 THEN kuaf.name END "Project Manager Name",Project_Name "Project Name",Work_Product_Name "Work Product Name",Doc_Version "Work Product Version",Review_Type "Review Type",Work_Request_Type "Work Request Type",Work_Reference_No "Work Reference No",SDLC_Phase "Detection Phase",left(Plan_Date,11) "Plan Review Date",left(Actual_Review_Date,11) "Actual Review Date",Review_Outcome "Inspection Outcome",Inspection_Status "Inspection Status", Approved_By_Name "Approved By",Approval_Date "Approved Date" from kuaf,testPeerReviews A WHERE A.DataID + A.VersionNum=(SELECT MAX(b.DataID + B.VersionNum) FROM testPeerReviews B WHERE B.dataID=A.dataID) AND kuaf.id = Project_Manager_Name AND Inspection_Status LIKE 'In Progress' AND ((Delivery_Area = %1) OR (Project_Manager_Name = %2) OR (Delivery_Area = %1 AND Project_Manager_Name = %2)) ORDER BY Delivery_Area,Project_Manager_Name,Plan_Date
Bhupinder_Singh
Message from Bhupinder Singh via eLinkTry the following simplified report with the test cases outlined below:select Versionnum, DataID, Delivery_Area "Delivery Area",from kuaf, testPeerReviews A WHERE Delivery_Area = %11. Ensure that %1 is set to String input, and Param %1 is "User Input 1"2. When running the report, type text for the delivery area input in the same case (upper/lower case letters) as recorded for theentries in the table3. Try using the word "like" instead of the "equals" operator in the WHERE clause above.4. Try using a function like "Upper" to convert both sides of the "equals" operator to capitals when comparing them. For example:WHERE upper(Delivery_Area = upper(%1)- Bhupinder------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed. Senior Product Specialist, Customer Support Open Text Corporation, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada Customer support e-mail: support@opentext.com Customer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292 ------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 5:50 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: SQL .SQL .Posted by DeloitteAdmin on 02/09/2004 05:45 PMHello Bhupinder,The DB I am using is MS SQL ServerThe SQL query is as follows:select Versionnum,DataID,Delivery_Area "Delivery Area",CASE kuaf.type WHEN 0 THEN kuaf.lastname + ', ' + kuaf.firstname WHEN 1 THENkuaf.name END "Project Manager Name",Project_Name "Project Name",Work_Product_Name "Work Product Name",Doc_Version "Work ProductVersion",Review_Type "Review Type",Work_Request_Type "Work Request Type",Work_Reference_No "Work Reference No",SDLC_Phase "DetectionPhase",left(Plan_Date,11) "Plan Review Date",left(Actual_Review_Date,11) "Actual Review Date",Review_Outcome "InspectionOutcome",Inspection_Status "Inspection Status", Approved_By_Name "Approved By",Approval_Date "Approved Date" fromkuaf,testPeerReviews A WHERE A.DataID + A.VersionNum=(SELECT MAX(b.DataID + B.VersionNum) FROM testPeerReviews B WHEREB.dataID=A.dataID) AND kuaf.id = Project_Manager_Name AND Inspection_Status LIKE 'In Progress' AND ((Delivery_Area = %1) OR (Project_Manager_Name = %2) OR (Delivery_Area = %1 AND Project_Manager_Name = %2)) ORDER BYDelivery_Area,Project_Manager_Name,Plan_Date[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Help with report please?
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=3329506&objAction=viewDiscussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2249677&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe