I have developed some VBA code in Excel to save spread-sheet data into Enterprise workspace for Williams Energy Livelink Server (Livelink ? Version 9.1.0.3.90). I had login/connections working for both the Development server and their Production Sever. I took a few months break on working on the project and now we are having trouble logging in/connecting with the macro/code in Excel. I can connect using livelink explorer (Livelink Explorer Version 4.1.x) just fine.Any clue as to what could have changed in the last three months. My code that connected to the development server doesn't work and I had tested linking to the Production Server and both worked.This was the server name/URL I used for the Production Server: "
http://livelink.williamsenergy.com/livelink" This was the server name I used for the Development: server = "tuldpcb1" Neither of these work any more, I get the Session Failure error ?2147418101 every time. Please help if you can! Thanks Brian Lahti 970-759-2270 Here is a portion of the code that worked at one time: Private Sub Command3_Click() 'Private Sub RUNLAPI_Click() Dim session As Long Dim status As Long Dim NodeID As Long Dim ParentId As Long Dim nodeVol As Long Dim parentVol As Long Dim ObjInfo As Long Dim VersionInfo As Long Dim logMsgs As String Dim server As String Dim port As Long Dim LIVELINK_UID As String Dim UID_PW As String Dim TITLE As String Dim FILE As String '1 ' Initialize value session = 0 status = LL_OK NodeID = 0 ParentId = 0 nodeVol = 0 parentVol = 0 ObjInfo = 0 VersionInfo = 0 logMsgs = "" server = "
http://livelink.williamsenergy.com/livelink" '^^^^^^ This worked last Oct 2003 port = 2099 LIVELINK_UID = "TypUser" UID_PW = "TypW" '2 ' Initialize LAPI status = LL_Initialize(LL_HEADER_VERSION) Debug.Print "Stat 2 = "; status If (status = LL_OK) Then logMsgs = logMsgs & "Initialized LAPI" & vbCrLf 'End If '3 'Allocate some value objects '//* Allocating the Memory for Object Handles *//' lStatus = LL_ValueAlloc(tmp1) status = LL_ValueAlloc(resultset) Debug.Print "Stat 3a = "; status If (status <> LL_OK) Then MsgBox "Could not declare resultset" End If status = LL_ValueAlloc(ObjInfo) Debug.Print "Stat 3b = "; status If (status = LL_OK) Then status = LL_ValueAlloc(VersionInfo) End If Debug.Print "Stat 3c = "; status End If '4 If (status = LL_OK) Then 'Connect to Livelink status = LL_SessionAllocEx(session, server, 2099, "", LIVELINK_UID, UID_PW, 0) Debug.Print "Stat 4 = "; status End If If (status = LL_OK) Then logMsgs = logMsgs & "Connected to Livelink" & vbCrLf Debug.Print "Stat 4 = "; status Debug.Print "LogMsg 4 = "; logMsgs '5 ' Access the user's Personal Workspace 'status = LL_AccessPersonalWS(session, ObjInfo) status = LL_AccessEnterpriseWS(session, ObjInfo) Debug.Print "Stat 5 = "; status 'Debug.Print "LogMsg 4 = "; logMsgs If (status = LL_OK) Then status = LL_AssocGetInteger(ObjInfo, "VolumeID", parentVol) End If Debug.Print "Stat 5a = "; status If (status = LL_OK) Then status = LL_AssocGetInteger(ObjInfo, "ID", ParentId) 'Note: Change ParentID for 'ObjectId from the bottom 'of LL Explorer when you are in 'the desired directory End If Debug.Print "Stat 5b = "; status End If End Sub