Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How do I set category attributes on an alias?
Douglas_Richardson_(drichard_(Delete)_3245824)
I'm trying to create an alias that has different attribute values than the object it points to. I'm able to do this using the LiveLink web client but I have not figured out how to do it using LAPI.I've tried two things that do not work:1) LL_CreateReferenceEx with the context parameter setup like the createInfo parameter on LL_CreateObjectEx. The documentation for LL_CreateReferenceEx doesn't say I can do this, but I tried and failed anyway.2) LL_SetObjectAttributesEx. The documentation says that this will not work but I tried and failed anyway. The documentation says that the objId parameter to LL_SetObjectAttributesEx can only have a Type field set to LL_OBJECTTYPE, but I need to be able to set it to LL_ALIASTYPE.Does anyone know how I can set attributes on an alias object?Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Ann_Minton
Try not specifying a value for the Type field in the objID. ( A cheat, but seemed to work. )