Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Setting folder by id
Pfizer_Developers
So I am having problems doing something that would seem to be very simple. Basically i am trying to allow my user to navigate thier folder tree, and publish documents to it via LAPI, but I can't figure out how to let them do it.I can access thier personal workspace just fine: public void accessPersonalWorkspace() throws Exception { // Access the user's Personal Workspace this.status = documents.AccessPersonalWS( pwsInfo ); if ( this.status == 0 ) { parentVol = pwsInfo.toInteger( "VolumeID" ); parentID = pwsInfo.toInteger( "ID" ); int createdby = pwsInfo.toInteger("CreatedBy"); String name = pwsInfo.toString("Name"); debug ( "Accessed Personal Workspace:"+name ); } else handelError(); }So you can imagine what is next, a user wants to navigate down to one of the child folders and add a document: We have given them the id of the folder that they now want to access, and allow them to pass it to the function that *should* change the directory. But it doesn't. //set directory by id *DOES NOT WORK*public void accessDirectoryById(int id) throws Exception { debug("accessDirectoryById:"+id); // Access directory LLValue dirInfo = new LLValue().setAssocNotSet(); dirInfo.add("ID", id); dirInfo.add("VolumeID", this.parentID); //I would think this would do it, GetObject doesn't work for me either. //and the API is opaque at best. this.status = this.documents.AccessPersonalWS(dirInfo); if ( this.status == 0 ) { pwsInfo = dirInfo; debug("it worked."); String name = pwsInfo.toString( "Name" ); parentVol = pwsInfo.toInteger( "VolumeID" ); parentID = pwsInfo.toInteger( "ID" ); debug ( "Accessed Directory:"+name ); } else handelError(); } I know this comes from not understanding the API but honestly in all the code samples and posts I have seen no one is trying to do this.Clay
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet