Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Database connection in Startup method
Douglas_Richardson_(drichard_(Delete)_3245824)
When Startup is called by Livelink when the system starts, is there a database connection available that I can use to initialize my objects?In the following function I want to get rid of the prgCtx argument. To do that, I need to initialize fURLPrefix in the Startup function.function String URLPrefix(Object prgCtx) if .fURLPrefix == '' CAPILOGIN login = prgCtx.fDbConnect.fLogin Dynamic dbResult = CAPI.IniGet(login, 'Livelink.WebInfo', 'URL') .fURLPrefix = dbResult[1] end return .fURLPrefixend
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Donna Nalls
Hi Douglas,Attached is a little code snippet that will create an Admin prgSession for you. I have never used it in root.startup(), but can't think of a reason why it won't work.add this as a script in your root object - name it "su", then call it from your startup method:dynamic tmpPrgCtx = .su() after you run your updates, you may want to delete this session:tmpPrgCtx.delete() Regards,Donna