Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Intermittent LLIllegalOperationException???
Karan_Rasdan
I'm getting an LLIllegalOperationException on LAPI_DOCUMENTS.AddDocument, unfortunetly the problem doesn't show up with any consistency and the error message is a bit vague. At this point I'm at a loss as to why it is happening, hopefully one of you out there can help me out. I'm not doing anything fancy, as you can see from the 3 lines of code below. LLValue objInfo = (new LLValue()).setAssocNotSet(); LLValue versionInfo = (new LLValue()).setAssocNotSet(); int addStatus = documents.AddDocument(volumeID, nodeID, file.getName(), path, objInfo, versionInfo); These lines are found in only one method in our code and that method is always called within the same context. In every case, it is apdf file with a '.pdf' extension that I am trying to save.The code seems to work about 90% of the time, any thoughts on why this is chunking the other 10%????Below is the stack trace I am getting(minus specifics about my code base):Problem storing document to LiveLink com.opentext.api.LLIllegalOperationException: get(name) not implemented for this datatype at com.opentext.api.LLInstance.get(LLInstance.java:77) at com.opentext.api.LLValue.toValue(LLValue.java:800) at com.opentext.api.LLConnect.unMarshall(LLConnect.java:303) at com.opentext.api.LAPI_DOCUMENTS.AddDocument(LAPI_DOCUMENTS.java:193)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill_Cox_(NATRUR012_(Delete)_2422490)
You didn't say how you populate path, but if you're not using a fully qualified path you can definitely get the error you mentioned. Try something like...String title = file.getName();String path = file.getAbsolutePath();LLValue objInfo = (new LLValue()).setAssocNotSet();LLValue versionInfo = (new LLValue()).setAssocNotSet();status = documents.AddDocument(volumeID, nodeID, title, path, objInfo, versionInfo);
Claudia_Meyer
Message from chris meyer via eLinkHi,Try increasing the timeout parameter in the [sockserv] section of the opentext.ini file. I believe this exception is caused by a timeout error.cheers,chriseLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion wrote:>Intermittent LLIllegalOperationException???>Posted by User, Generic on 06/17/2004 01:07 PM>>I'm getting an LLIllegalOperationException on LAPI_DOCUMENTS.AddDocument, unfortunetly the problem doesn't show up with any consistency and the error message is a bit vague. At this point I'm at a loss as to why it is happening, hopefully one of you out there can help me out. I'm not doing anything fancy, as you can see from the 3 lines of code below.>> LLValue objInfo = (new LLValue()).setAssocNotSet();> LLValue versionInfo = (new LLValue()).setAssocNotSet();> int addStatus = documents.AddDocument(volumeID, nodeID, file.getName(), path, objInfo, versionInfo);> > >These lines are found in only one method in our code and that method is always called within the same context. In every case, it is a>pdf file with a '.pdf' extension that I am trying to save.>The code seems to work about 90% of the time, any thoughts on why this is chunking the other 10%????>>Below is the stack trace I am getting(minus specifics about my code base):>>Problem storing document to LiveLink >com.opentext.api.LLIllegalOperationException: get(name) not implemented for this datatype > at com.opentext.api.LLInstance.get(LLInstance.java:77) > at com.opentext.api.LLValue.toValue(LLValue.java:800) > at com.opentext.api.LLConnect.unMarshall(LLConnect.java:303) > at com.opentext.api.LAPI_DOCUMENTS.AddDocument(LAPI_DOCUMENTS.java:193) >>[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]>>============================================================>>Discussion: LAPI Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=765428&objAction=view>>Livelink
Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>>>
; >-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Christopher Meyer, BMath, MScTechnical ConsultantOpen Text AGPh: +41 (0) 71 272 1500 Fax: +41 (0) 71 272 1515Email: cmeyer@opentext.com--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Join us for LinkUp Phoenix 2004!Open Text User ConferencePhoenix, Arizona, USANovember 15-18, 2004Find out why Open Text is the market leader in providing Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions.
http://linkup-phoenix.opentext.com
Claudia_Meyer
Message from chris meyer via eLinkHere's an article that may help:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=3500936&objAction=ArticleViewcheers,chriseLink
Discussion: LAPI Discussion wrote:>Re Intermittent LLIllegalOperationException???>Posted by Meyer, Christopher on 06/18/2004 05:05 AM>>Message from chris meyer via eLink>>Hi,>>Try increasing the timeout parameter in the [sockserv] section of the >opentext.ini file. I believe this exception is caused by a timeout error.>>cheers,>chris>>eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion wrote:>> >>>Intermittent LLIllegalOperationException???>>Posted by User, Generic on 06/17/2004 01:07 PM>>>>I'm getting an LLIllegalOperationException on LAPI_DOCUMENTS.AddDocument, unfortunetly the problem doesn't show up with any consistency and the error message is a bit vague. At this point I'm at a loss as to why it is happening, hopefully one of you out there can help me out. I'm not doing anything fancy, as you can see from the 3 lines of code below.>>>> LLValue objInfo = (new LLValue()).setAssocNotSet();>> LLValue versionInfo = (new LLValue()).setAssocNotSet();>> int addStatus = documents.AddDocument(volumeID, nodeID, file.getName(), path, objInfo, versionInfo);>> >> >>These lines are found in only one method in our code and that method is always called within the same context. In every case, it is a>>pdf file with a '.pdf' extension that I am trying to save.>>The code seems to work about 90% of the time, any thoughts on why this is chunking the other 10%????>>>>Below is the stack trace I am getting(minus specifics about my code base):>>>>Problem storing document to LiveLink >>com.opentext.api.LLIllegalOperationException: get(name) not implemented for this datatype >> at com.opentext.api.LLInstance.get(LLInstance.java:77) >> at com.opentext.api.LLValue.toValue(LLValue.java:800) >> at com.opentext.api.LLConnect.unMarshall(LLConnect.java:303) >> at com.opentext.api.LAPI_DOCUMENTS.AddDocument(LAPI_DOCUMENTS.java:193) >>>>[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]>>>>============================================================>>>>Discussion: LAPI Discussion>>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=765428&objAction=view>>>>Livelink
Server:>>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>>>>>>
; >>>> >>>> >-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Christopher Meyer, BMath, MScTechnical ConsultantOpen Text AGPh: +41 (0) 71 272 1500 Fax: +41 (0) 71 272 1515Email: cmeyer@opentext.com--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Join us for LinkUp Phoenix 2004!Open Text User ConferencePhoenix, Arizona, USANovember 15-18, 2004Find out why Open Text is the market leader in providing Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions.
http://linkup-phoenix.opentext.com