Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Nesting Groups
Chris_Kriegler_(eu0013289_-_(deleted))
Is there a way with NTLM sync to be able to nest groups?For example, I want to create an "IT" group and then have ITOperations inside of that and have 5 people in the ITOps group and have livelink create the user and correct group structure. Active Directory can handle nested groups, but I can't get LL to create the same structureThanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Chris_Wagg
Message from Chris Wagg via eLinkUnfortunately, there is not a way to do this. This is a limitation ofNTLM that was imposed by NT4. The reason that Active Directory can handle the nested groups is that ituses LDAP, not NTLM.Chris -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink Directory Services Discussion[mailto:directoryservices@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 1:51 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Nesting GroupsNesting GroupsPosted by Fisher, Brian on 08/31/2004 01:47 PMIs there a way with NTLM sync to be able to nest groups?For example, I want to create an "IT" group and then have ITOperationsinside of that and have 5 people in the ITOps group and have livelinkcreate the user and correct group structure. Active Directory canhandle nested groups, but I can't get LL to create the same structureThanks[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink Directory Services Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=3062146&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe