From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: maandag 29 november 2004 16:37To: eLink RecipientSubject: non-static object features? how? (with comment) non-static object features? how? (with comment) Posted by ap_stavzeti (Zeti, Stavroula) on 11/29/2004 10:32 AM Hello all (again)I need to feature in an custom item's WebNode object which will be unique to each instance created. i.e. I have a feature in WebNode called theList. This is used in Action-Create and the create weblingo. Right now, theList is the same for all items created (like static in java). It is possible to make it different for each item created? I have noticed some og Livelink's code does this. During debuging, some features have this (temp) prefix if I remember correctly. So does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!
From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: woensdag 1 december 2004 8:41To: eLink RecipientSubject: Thanks! Thanks! Posted by ap_stavzeti (Zeti, Stavroula) on 12/01/2004 02:38 AM In reply to: RE non-static object features? how? (with comment) Posted by hstoop (Stoop, Hans) on 11/29/2004 10:57 AM That didn't actually do what I wanted, but I found a way arrount it. But, of course, I appreciate your suggestion. Thank you!Ys
From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: woensdag 1 december 2004 15:59To: eLink RecipientSubject: Actually... Actually... Posted by ap_stavzeti (Zeti, Stavroula) on 12/01/2004 09:56 AM In reply to: RE Thanks! Posted by hstoop (Stoop, Hans) on 12/01/2004 02:51 AM What I wanted to do is be able to submit the form in the creation html, and be able to come back to the same page without loosing the values. Part of this I managed to to by using the request and response.But, for a reason too complex to explain here, I needed a place where I could store data to be passed between the Action-Create script and the create page. By using the feature this cannot be done, as the feature is the same for every instance of the object. (Hans, apparently, even if you set it from _subclasscreate)What I discovered was the LLAPI.Cache library, which allowed me to do exactly what I wanted using the database. Im just mentioning this here because I think it is a important, typically undocumented feature of OScript.Tell me what you think...Ys