Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Renaming Documents using LAPI in VB 6
Linda_Meyer
I'm lost. I can navigate around the folder structures, find what documents I need to change, but I can't find any help in how to rename the documents. I'm sure this must have been covered at some point, could I get a link or something to help push me in the right direction?Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
eLink User
Message from Nair, Krishnankutty N. via eLinkLong LL_UpdateObjectInfo( _ ByVal session as Long, _ ByVal volumeID as Long, _ ByVal objectID as Long, _ ByVal objectInfo as Long )the value object objectInfo should be populated with the new name Thanks MuchKrishnankutty N NairWork 918-661-5824 Fax:918-661-9206Learn more about EDMS powered by Livelink at
http://edms.conoco.net/edms.htm-----Original
Message-----From: eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion[mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 2:18 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Renaming Documents using LAPI in VB 6Renaming Documents using LAPI in VB 6Posted by MichgamUser3 on 01/26/2005 03:13 PMI'm lost. I can navigate around the folder structures, find whatdocuments I need to change, but I can't find any help in how to renamethe documents. I'm sure this must have been covered at some point, couldI get a link or something to help push me in the right direction?Thanks.[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: LAPI Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=765428&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
Linda_Meyer
Do you use LL_ValueSetString to create that variable for objectInfo?LL_GetObjectInfo(curSession, VolID, objID, tempObjectInfo)LL_ValueSetString(tempObjectInfo, "TEST.pdf")LL_UpdateObjectInfo(curSession, VolID, objID, tempObjectInfo)This is what I have. I know it's wrong. LAPI Documentation is tough to follow.
Quentin_Stringham_(dtcwdtc02_-_(deleted))
Give this a try:Public Function ChangeName(session As Long, VolID As Long, ObjID As Long, NewName As String)'Change the name of an objectDim ObjectInfo As Long status = LL_ValueAlloc(ObjectInfo) status = LL_ValueSetAssocInArgs(ObjectInfo) status = LL_AssocSetString(ObjectInfo, "Name", NewName) status = LL_UpdateObjectInfo(session, VolID, ObjID, ObjectInfo) status = LL_ValueFree(ObjectInfo) End Function
Mohammed_Abushmais
Here is a function that can be used to rename any object(i.e. Document, folder..etc) It returns LL_OK(0) if successed, and errorr_status otherwise. Public Function Rename(ByVal Session_ID As Long, ByVal Volume_ID As Long, ByVal Object_ID As Long, ByVal Name As String) As Long Dim Status As Integer Dim objectInfo As Integer Dim DocName As String Dim Trial As Integer = 0 Status = LL_ValueAlloc(objectInfo) Status = LL_GetObjectInfo(Session_ID, Volume_ID, Object_ID, objectInfo) Status = LL_AssocSetString(objectInfo, "Name", Name) Status = LL_UpdateObjectInfo(Session_ID, Volume_ID, Object_ID, objectInfo) If (Status = LL_OK) Then Status = LL_ValueFree(objectInfo) Return LL_OK Else Return Status End If End FunctionThe key point here is that whenever you need to change a field, you need to read it first, the you can update it.I hop that helps.Yaser
Mark_Wescott
when i tried to use the setString method i always get an error of "setString(n, name, value) is not supported in this datatype" do you know why these is happening?
Louis_Routhier
Maybe I'm wrong but from what I know, there is no implementation of setString with 3 parameters in the .NET API.The signature is:Public Overrides Sub setString(ByVal name As String, ByVal value As String)