Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
User's Department
Satbinder_Shergill_(eu0014125_-_(deleted))
Hi AllIn Sql how do I get the Department a user belongs toI know that the department is a group and can list all groups for a user. But how do I know which one is the departmentMany ThanksSat Shergill
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Lindsay_Davies
Message from Lindsay Davies via eLinkHi Sat,Try this....select k1.id,k1.name,k1.groupid,k2.name "GroupName" from kuaf k1, kuafk2 where k1.id=1000 and k1.groupid = k2.idSQL> / ID NAME GROUPID GroupName---------- ------------- ---------- ------------------------------------ 1000 Admin 1001 DefaultGroup RegardsLindsayUK-Support-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: 23 February 2005 14:24To: eLink RecipientSubject: User's DepartmentUser's DepartmentPosted by EU0014125 on 02/23/2005 09:21 AMHi AllIn Sql how do I get the Department a user belongs toI know that the department is a group and can list all groups for auser. But how do I know which one is the departmentMany ThanksSat Shergill[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2249677&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
Steve_McDonough
Hello Sat,Here's a SQL select that I use to list the user and their primary department (group). I hope that it resolves your question. An importable LiveReport.rpt file is also attached.Regards,LeonSELECT K1.ID "User ID", K1.NAME "Login", K1.LASTNAME +', '+ K1.FIRSTNAME "User Name", K1.GROUPID "Dept ID", K2.NAME "Dept Name", K1.MAILADDRESS "e-mail Address" FROM KUAF K1, KUAF K2 WHERE K2.ID = K1.GROUPID AND K1.DELETED = 0 ORDER BY "User Name"
Steve_McDonough
Sorry, I forgot to attach the LiveReport. Here it is.Leon