Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Changing user password for Livelink Authentication
Mahmoud_Dayeh_(ecead_mad_-_(deleted))
I am running Livelink Directory Services on a Livelink 9.1 SP2 with Workflow 4.0 Installation. I have applied the latest Feb 2005 Patch as well. We have both modes of Authentication for users i.e. Livelink Authentication and Windows Authentication(NTLM)To achieve the same, we have 2 different virtual directory mappings, where in 1 set has Windows Authentication enabled in the Directory security of IIS The following are the issues encountered 1) Logout link disappears in Livelink. I understand that it is meaningless to have logout for directory services authetication however the livelink authenticated users should have a logout 2) Change Password. again the password is controlled by Windows for windows authentication hence it is justified for these users but the normal livelink autheticated users are unable to change the passwords as it gives 'current password is incorrect' error Is there any resolution for the above ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Chris_Wagg
Message from Chris Wagg via eLinkThe logout link is removed by Directory Services, this can't be changedwith standard Livelink and Directory Services, but you should be able tocustomise it to bring the link back.The problem you are having with changing passwords is a bit morecomplicated, as there are a number of things that could be happeninghere. Most likely, it is that you are either synchronising all of yourusers, or none of your users. To have authenticated and nonauthenticated users, the ones that use DS authentication should besynchronised users, and those that do not use DS authenitcation shouldbe entered manually. By doing this, you can differentiate between thesesets of users. Now, when you reset passwords, you can do so forDirectory Services users only. That way the non-DS users' passwordswon't get set to hidden.If this is not the cause of your problem, I would recommend opening aticket for this issue.Chris-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink Directory Services Discussion[mailto:directoryservices@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:48 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Changing user password for Livelink AuthenticationChanging user password for Livelink Authentication Posted by Dayeh,Mahmoud on 04/03/2005 11:45 AMI am running Livelink Directory Services on a Livelink 9.1 SP2 withWorkflow 4.0 Installation. I have applied the latest Feb 2005 Patch aswell. We have both modes of Authentication for users i.e. LivelinkAuthentication and Windows Authentication(NTLM) To achieve the same, wehave 2 different virtual directory mappings, where in 1 set has WindowsAuthentication enabled in the Directory security of IIS The following are the issues encountered 1) Logout link disappears in Livelink. I understand that it ismeaningless to have logout for directory services authetication howeverthe livelink authenticated users should have a logout 2) Change Password. again the password is controlled by Windows forwindows authentication hence it is justified for these users but thenormal livelink autheticated users are unable to change the passwords asit gives 'current password is incorrect' error Is there any resolution for the above ?[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink Directory Services Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=3062146&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
Mahmoud_Dayeh_(ecead_mad_-_(deleted))
Thnx for ur input chris.Regarding the passwords problem.. I am setting only DS users passwords as hidden when resetting the passwords.I created a new non DS user after the sync and the prob seems to be the same i.e. i am unable to change the passwordI've opened a ticket with OTRegards,Gayathri
dolene01_user2_(dolene01user2_-_(deleted))
but how can I login as Admin user after enabling Directory services and single singon...bcz Admin user is local livelink users (not in Active Directory) and it does not allow me to login as Admin users..?
Chris_Wagg
Message from Chris Wagg via eLinkThis Knowledge Base article should help you out.
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=3646836&objAction=ArticleView---------------------------------------Chris
WaggSenior Product SpecialistOpen Text CorporationPh: 800-540-7292Email: cwagg@opentext.com--------------------------------------------Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink Directory Services Discussion[mailto:directoryservices@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:07 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: but how can I login as Admin user after enabling Directoryservices and single...but how can I login as Admin user after enabling Directory services andsingle...Posted by Amin, Khurram A on 05/02/2006 04:05 AMbut how can I login as Admin user after enabling Directory services andsingle singon...bcz Admin user is local livelink users (not in ActiveDirectory) and it does not allow me to login as Admin users..?[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Changing user password for Livelink Authentication
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/3909601Discussion
: Livelink Directory Services Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/3062146Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.directoryservices@elinkkc.opentext.com.
eLink User
Message from Nair, Krishnankutty N. via eLinkPlease check the KB.There is a whole article on it. The trick is connecting your livelink CGI to another virtual directoryor website that does not have DirSvcs turned on(Basic Auth)For eg if
http://bvlwbid152/livelink/livelink.exe
is our SSO livelinkthis is our Admin login livelink
http://bvlwbid152:4040/livelink/livelink.exe
see how I run livelinkon a separate website that runs on port 4040 this site prompts simplybecause Basic Auth is not on -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink Directory Services Discussion[mailto:directoryservices@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 3:07 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: but how can I login as Admin user after enabling Directoryservices and single...but how can I login as Admin user after enabling Directory services andsingle...Posted by Amin, Khurram A on 05/02/2006 04:05 AMbut how can I login as Admin user after enabling Directory services andsingle singon...bcz Admin user is local livelink users (not in ActiveDirectory) and it does not allow me to login as Admin users..?[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Changing user password for Livelink Authentication
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/3909601Discussion
: Livelink Directory Services Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/3062146Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.directoryservices@elinkkc.opentext.com.