Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How do we add a version of a document into Livelink using LAPI java.?
S_Swaminathan_(maninfoadmin_-_(deleted))
How do we add a version of a document into Livelink using LAPI java.?I have a document in my harddisk. I have uploaded the document once into Livelink. I want to upload it one more time, so that it creates a version of the document. When I am uploading the document, it is giving exception and says document already exists.Can anybody tell me how to add a version of a document into Livelink using LAPI java.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jeffrey_West
You need to use the CreateVersion LAPI call. You pass this a volume and object ID of the object you want to add a version to. I have attached a code snipit that creates a new document or adds a verson to the document if it already exists.
S_Swaminathan_(maninfoadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply. I havent yet tried your code. I have few doubts. Is there a way to get the volume id for a folder and node id of a document using LAPI Java methods. I am not able to find any methods for these. What ever the methods I see, it requires an objectid. But I am not sure of how to get the object id of a folder or node. I know that we can query the Dtree or some other table and using the name of the folder, we can get the objectid. But I am looking for any LAPI java method which gives the objectid. Please help.