Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
CreateVersion on non-document node type
Brett_Conley
I have a need to use LAPI to create a new object and its initial version. The problem is that the object I need to create is not a document type. It's a custom type, but it still contains a file like a document does. But when I try to use CreateVersion() to give it a file for the initial version, I get an error that it can't create the version because it's not a document type.Please help.Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Claudia_Meyer
Message from Christopher Meyer via eLinkHi Brett,I see three options here: 1) Create a new LAPI function based on theCreateVersion function, 2) add type 144 to your node's llnode.fApplTypeslist (with potential side-effects), or 3) overwrite the coreCreateVersion function. The last option would require you to modify theCreateVersion.Execute() function on the line that reads: if $ApplTypeDocument in llnodeObj.llnode.fApplTypesand modify it to: if $ApplTypeDocument in llnodeObj.llnode.fApplTypes ||(llnodeObj.llnode.fSubtype == Good luck,chris -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion[mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 1:33 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: CreateVersion on non-document node typeCreateVersion on non-document node typePosted by Conley, Brett J on 05/09/2005 07:30 PMI have a need to use LAPI to create a new object and its initialversion. The problem is that the object I need to create is not adocument type. It's a custom type, but it still contains a file like adocument does. But when I try to use CreateVersion() to give it a filefor the initial version, I get an error that it can't create the versionbecause it's not a document type.Please help.Thanks.[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: LAPI Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=765428&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe