Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
LAPI with NTLM issue
Rich_Grenfell_(richgrenfell_-_(deleted))
Hi experts,I have configured my Livelink server with NTLM authentication and webserver to Integrated Authentication. Everything works fine when I access the Livelink via the web interface.When I access the Livelink using LAPI I get the following Error : "Get(name) not implemented for this datatype". Same Code works perfectly in Livelink authentication. The first method which I try to access after setting the session is "AccessPersonalWS".I am connecting to Livelink server using sockets. I am using LAPI from C#.Note: I have configured another development server with the exact same configuration and it works fine with LAPI.Any help is really appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
John W. Simon, Jr.
What version of LL and what monthly patch have you installed?I ask because we just converted to LL951 and had problems with LAPI until we put the July patch on.Regards,John Simon
Harry_Huynh_(marcandev_-_(deleted))
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
Harry_Huynh_(marcandev_-_(deleted))
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
Rich_Grenfell_(richgrenfell_-_(deleted))
Hi John,Thanks for the reply. I was running LL9.5 with Feb patch. NTLM strated working after I enabled the Debug logs. I know these two are not related but it started working.It looks like the livelink server went to an invalid state which was recovered when the debug is enabled.Last week I applied the July patch and I don't see any difference. I have another problem of LL services locks up very frequently approx. 15mins once and fails to respond to any request. LL service is running and is not crashed.Do you have any idea on this? I have this problem only after I installed the Directory Services (DS 2.3.0).
Harry_Huynh_(marcandev_-_(deleted))
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
Harry_Huynh_(marcandev_-_(deleted))
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
Harry_Huynh_(marcandev_-_(deleted))
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
eLink User
Message from Nair, Krishnankutty N. via eLinkJohn and I work together.July patch fixed a NTLM issue which is described in the patchitself.Apparently in a DS enabled environment having hidden passwordsand no syncronization(this is our setup) LAPI was not able to make asocket call to the ll server port( 2099).It would appear hung.This fixedit.But according to some info we have seen LAPI connections tend to usea bunch of memory this way with Oracle that sent our connections to theDB skyrocketing.Now we are back in business with debug=2 and wantLogs=TRUE while thismay sound very confusing the wantLogs=TRUE is what is keeping the systemstable.We expect OT will be providing a patch soon .In the meantime weare resorting to deleting the connect logs(they will be huge) every day.Thanks MuchKrishnankutty N NairWork 918-661-5824 Fax:918-661-9206Learn more about EDMS powered by Livelink at
http://edms.conoco.net/edms.htm-----Original
Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion[mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 10:49 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE - LAPI and NTMLRE - LAPI and NTMLPosted by Grenfell, Rich on 08/15/2005 11:45 AMHi John,Thanks for the reply. I was running LL9.5 with Feb patch. NTLM stratedworking after I enabled the Debug logs. I know these two are not relatedbut it started working.It looks like the livelink server went to an invalid state which wasrecovered when the debug is enabled.Last week I applied the July patch and I don't see any difference. Ihave another problem of LL services locks up very frequently approx.15mins once and fails to respond to any request. LL service is runningand is not crashed.Do you have any idea on this? I have this problem only after I installedthe Directory Services (DS 2.3.0).[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: LAPI with NTLM issue
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4069688Discussion
: Development Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/786303Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Harry_Huynh_(marcandev_-_(deleted))
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
Harry_Huynh_(marcandev_-_(deleted))
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
Harry_Huynh_(marcandev_-_(deleted))
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
Harry_Huynh_(marcandev_-_(deleted))
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
Harry_Huynh_(marcandev_-_(deleted))
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
Harry_Huynh_(marcandev_-_(deleted))
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
Harry_Huynh_(marcandev_-_(deleted))
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
eLink User
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
eLink User
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry
eLink User
Message from via eLinkI will be out of the office starting 08/13/2005 and will not return until08/20/2005.I will be out of the office, if you need to assistance, please contactJeffrey Power. Thank you. Harry