Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Finding out when a user was deleted or created
Sue_Black
Looking at the User Profile Audit page I see events that record when the user was deleted and created with a date. It doesnt seem like this information is in the DAudit table. I figured out when the users personal workspace was created and this info can be used for when the user was created but there is nothing like that for deletion. I also dont believe that livelink actually finds the timestamp in that way. What can be done? Thanks,Steve
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Sue_Black
After looking through each table in the DB one by one I came across UserProfile which seems to hold all this information. However this table isnt mentioned in any of the documentation. *shrug*
Steve_McDonough
Hello Susan,I don't know if there is a table that records the date a user is deleted, but I know that the date the KUAF record is created is maintained in the DTREE table. I created something that combines the last time a user logged in from the DAUDIT table with this field in the DTREE table that gets you close to what you are looking for. Perhaps others may have a better solution. Here's the SQL (we're an MSSQL shop here):SELECT MAX(D.AUDITDATE) "Last Login", DT.CREATEDATE "Date User Created", K.LASTNAME+', '+K.FIRSTNAME "User Name", K.NAME "Login Name" From DTREE DT, KUAF K, DAUDIT D WHERE DT.USERID = K.ID AND D.USERID = K.ID AND DT.SUBTYPE = 142 AND K.DELETED > 0 GROUP BY K.ID, K.LASTNAME, K.FIRSTNAME, K.NAME, DT.USERID, DT.CREATEDATE ORDER BY MAX(D.AUDITDATE) DESCThe report format is Auto LiveReport.Good luck,Leon
Bhupinder_Singh
Message from Bhupinder Singh via eLinkThe UserProfile table is unique to the eSign module (which I assume youmust have installed). For a copy of the eSign schema which describesthis table and other related eSign specific tables, please e-mailsupport@opentext.com, or your regional Open Text support office.- Bhupinder------------------------------------------------------ Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed. Senior Product Specialist, Customer Support Open Text Corporation, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada Customer support e-mail: support@opentext.com Customer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292 ------------------------------------------------------ -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:21 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: After looking through each table in the DB one by one I cameacross UserProfile...After looking through each table in the DB one by one I came acrossUserProfile...Posted by Black, Sue on 09/20/2005 11:39 AMAfter looking through each table in the DB one by one I came acrossUserProfile which seems to hold all this information. However thistable isnt mentioned in any of the documentation. *shrug*[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Finding out when a user was deleted or created
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4185973Discussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Bhupinder_Singh
Message from Bhupinder Singh via eLinkWith regards to user creation:Unfortunately, user creation is not an audited event in Livelink 9.2SP1. The good news is that this is fixed in Livelink 9.5 -- for details,the see attached audit screenshot taken from Livelink 9.5 SP1 after Ilogged in as user "b" and created a user with firstname, lastname asJohn, John.Attachment: User_Creation_Audit_LL95SP1.jpg (201 KB)In Livelink 9.2 SP1, there is an indirect way (i.e. not via auditing) todetermine _who_ created a user. The person who creates a user is trackedin the KUAF table of the Livelink database under the OwnerID column. TheKUAF table contains one record for every user and group in Livelink.Here's an example of how I determined a user's creator:1. I logged in as Admin, created a new user in Livelink with a loginname of UserMaker, and granted UserMaker the privilege ofcreating/modifying users, and creating/modifying groups.2. I edit UserMaker's profile and take a close look at the resulting URLthat appears in the browser address bar. Within the URL I notice itstates "userID=105790". 3. I login as UserMaker and create a user named U_User1. I edit the userto get his ID from the URL, and find it to be 105703.4. I open up a SQL worksheet and run the following query to find out whocreated U_User1 having a KUAF.ID value of 105703.Select ID, Name from KUAF where ID = (select ownerID from KUAF whereID=105703)...which gives the following output105790, UserMakerHope that helps...- Bhupinder------------------------------------------------------ Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed. Senior Product Specialist, Customer Support Open Text Corporation, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada Customer support e-mail: support@opentext.com Customer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292 ------------------------------------------------------ -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:20 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Finding out when a user was deleted or createdFinding out when a user was deleted or createdPosted by Black, Sue on 09/20/2005 11:01 AMLooking at the User Profile Audit page I see events that record when theuser was deleted and created with a date. It doesnt seem like thisinformation is in the DAudit table. I figured out when the userspersonal workspace was created and this info can be used for when theuser was created but there is nothing like that for deletion. I alsodont believe that livelink actually finds the timestamp in that way.What can be done? Thanks,Steve[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.
eLink User
Message from Huie Kenneth L Contr 452 FLTS/DOE via eLinkHey Bhupinder, Hope you are doing well. What about changing the OwnerID toanother's OwnerID? Is that an acceptable practice? If so what would be thesyntax?Thanks!Ken HuieTYBRIN452FLTS/ABLADMS Livelink Admin661-275-0651-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:05 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE Finding out when a user was deleted or created[Attachments exceeded pre-set size limits. Use the links provided to access]RE Finding out when a user was deleted or created Posted by Singh, Bhupinderon 09/20/2005 05:01 PMMessage from Bhupinder Singh via eLinkWith regards to user creation:Unfortunately, user creation is not an audited event in Livelink 9.2 SP1.The good news is that this is fixed in Livelink 9.5 -- for details, the seeattached audit screenshot taken from Livelink 9.5 SP1 after I logged in asuser "b" and created a user with firstname, lastname as John, John.Attachment: User_Creation_Audit_LL95SP1.jpg (201 KB)In Livelink 9.2 SP1, there is an indirect way (i.e. not via auditing) todetermine _who_ created a user. The person who creates a user is tracked inthe KUAF table of the Livelink database under the OwnerID column. The KUAFtable contains one record for every user and group in Livelink.Here's an example of how I determined a user's creator:1. I logged in as Admin, created a new user in Livelink with a login name ofUserMaker, and granted UserMaker the privilege of creating/modifying users,and creating/modifying groups.2. I edit UserMaker's profile and take a close look at the resulting URLthat appears in the browser address bar. Within the URL I notice it states"userID=105790". 3. I login as UserMaker and create a user named U_User1. I edit the user toget his ID from the URL, and find it to be 105703.4. I open up a SQL worksheet and run the following query to find out whocreated U_User1 having a KUAF.ID value of 105703.Select ID, Name from KUAF where ID = (select ownerID from KUAF whereID=105703)...which gives the following output105790, UserMakerHope that helps...- Bhupinder------------------------------------------------------Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed. Senior Product Specialist, Customer Support Open Text Corporation, Waterloo,Ontario, Canada Customer support e-mail: support@opentext.com CustomerSupport Telephone: 800-540-7292------------------------------------------------------ -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:20 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Finding out when a user was deleted or createdFinding out when a user was deleted or created Posted by Black, Sue on09/20/2005 11:01 AMLooking at the User Profile Audit page I see events that record when theuser was deleted and created with a date. It doesnt seem like thisinformation is in the DAudit table. I figured out when the users personalworkspace was created and this info can be used for when the user wascreated but there is nothing like that for deletion. I also dont believethat livelink actually finds the timestamp in that way.What can be done? Thanks,Steve[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Attachment link: User_Creation_Audit_LL95SP1.jpg
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4184311============================================================Topic
: Finding out when a user was deleted or created
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4185973Discussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Sue_Black
Ok, I didnt realize we had that added. Thanks for the info.
Bhupinder_Singh
Message from Bhupinder Singh via eLinkShort response: Making modifications at the database level is not asupported approach, so it would be done at your own risk.Long response :-)-: I can't say that this would be "an acceptablepractice" because, as with any database manipulation in Livelink, makingsuch a change might compromise the integrity of the data unless we canguarantee it is not referenced elsewhere. If the ownerID of a user isreferenced in other tables, then making a change in KUAF without makingthe same change in the other tables will create data inconsistency.- Bhupinder------------------------------------------------------ Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed. Senior Product Specialist, Customer Support Open Text Corporation, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada Customer support e-mail: support@opentext.com Customer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292 ------------------------------------------------------ -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:45 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE Finding out when a user was deleted or createdRE RE Finding out when a user was deleted or createdPosted by eLink on 09/20/2005 08:43 PMMessage from Huie Kenneth L Contr 452 FLTS/DOE via eLinkHey Bhupinder, Hope you are doing well. What about changing the OwnerID toanother's OwnerID? Is that an acceptable practice? If so what would bethesyntax?Thanks!Ken HuieTYBRIN452FLTS/ABLADMS Livelink Admin661-275-0651-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:05 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE Finding out when a user was deleted or created[Attachments exceeded pre-set size limits. Use the links provided toaccess]RE Finding out when a user was deleted or created Posted by Singh,Bhupinderon 09/20/2005 05:01 PMMessage from Bhupinder Singh via eLinkWith regards to user creation:Unfortunately, user creation is not an audited event in Livelink 9.2SP1.The good news is that this is fixed in Livelink 9.5 -- for details, theseeattached audit screenshot taken from Livelink 9.5 SP1 after I logged inasuser "b" and created a user with firstname, lastname as John, John.Attachment: User_Creation_Audit_LL95SP1.jpg (201 KB)In Livelink 9.2 SP1, there is an indirect way (i.e. not via auditing) todetermine _who_ created a user. The person who creates a user is trackedinthe KUAF table of the Livelink database under the OwnerID column. TheKUAFtable contains one record for every user and group in Livelink.Here's an example of how I determined a user's creator:1. I logged in as Admin, created a new user in Livelink with a loginname ofUserMaker, and granted UserMaker the privilege of creating/modifyingusers,and creating/modifying groups.2. I edit UserMaker's profile and take a close look at the resulting URLthat appears in the browser address bar. Within the URL I notice itstates"userID=105790". 3. I login as UserMaker and create a user named U_User1. I edit the usertoget his ID from the URL, and find it to be 105703.4. I open up a SQL worksheet and run the following query to find out whocreated U_User1 having a KUAF.ID value of 105703.Select ID, Name from KUAF where ID = (select ownerID from KUAF whereID=105703)...which gives the following output105790, UserMakerHope that helps...- Bhupinder------------------------------------------------------Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed. Senior Product Specialist, Customer Support Open Text Corporation,Waterloo,Ontario, Canada Customer support e-mail: support@opentext.com CustomerSupport Telephone: 800-540-7292------------------------------------------------------ -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:20 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Finding out when a user was deleted or createdFinding out when a user was deleted or created Posted by Black, Sue on09/20/2005 11:01 AMLooking at the User Profile Audit page I see events that record when theuser was deleted and created with a date. It doesnt seem like thisinformation is in the DAudit table. I figured out when the userspersonalworkspace was created and this info can be used for when the user wascreated but there is nothing like that for deletion. I also dontbelievethat livelink actually finds the timestamp in that way.What can be done? Thanks,Steve[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Attachment link: User_Creation_Audit_LL95SP1.jpg
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4184311============================================================Topic
: Finding out when a user was deleted or created
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4185973Discussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Finding out when a user was deleted or created
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4185973Discussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.