Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Convert String to Assoc
Vadim_Tchebotarev_(ebuild01user1_-_(deleted))
Hello,I have a quick question:How to convert a sequence of strings to an Assoc?For example:String s = " 'name'='Ala', 'name2'='O''Hara', 'zz'='ula,bula' "Assoc a = ConvertToAssoc(s)How to create such a ConvertToAssoc() function?Thanks for any hints,L
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Alex_Kowalenko_(x-eu0016039_-_(deleted))
You might try something like this, assuming your pair-value delimeters are ", ":function Assoc ConvertToAssoc( \ String stringValues = " 'name'='Ala', 'name2'='O''Hara', 'zz'='ula,bula' " ) Assoc assocValues String stringElement List pairElement List stringElements String delim = Str.Ascii( 1 ) String quote = "'" String quote2 = "''" String sep = ", " String equal = '=' stringElements = Str.Elements( Str.ReplaceAll( stringValues, sep, delim ), delim ) for stringElement in stringElements pairElement = Str.Elements( Str.Trim( stringElement ), equal ) assocValues.( Str.Strip( Str.Trim( pairElement[ 1 ] ), quote ) ) = \ Str.ReplaceAll( \ Str.Strip( \ Str.ReplaceAll( Str.Trim( pairElement[ 2 ] ), quote2, delim ), \ quote ), \ delim, quote ) end return assocValues end
Vadim_Tchebotarev_(ebuild01user1_-_(deleted))
Thanks Alex,But what about the case when we have ", " as a part of the string? For example:String s = " 'name'='Wania, Kluska', 'ooo'='i' "In this case the ", " inside 'Wania, Kluska' will be treated as a separator. I need a more generic solution.Actually I was thinking about a kind of "Assoc Parser". I would provide a string:s = "A<?,1,'name'='Ala','name2'='O''Hara','zz'='ula,bula'>"and the parser would create an Assoc from it. In other words it would evaluate the string as an Assoc.Any suggestions?L
David_Caughell
Message from David Caughell via eLinkIf you are creating a string version of the Assoc, then this should workfor you:Assoc a = Str.StringToValue(s) David.> -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion > [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] > Sent: September 30, 2005 11:44 AM> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: I need a more generic solution> > I need a more generic solution> Posted by Tchebotarev, Vadim on 09/30/2005 11:40 AM> > Thanks Alex,> > But what about the case when we have ", " as a part of the > string? For example:> String s = " 'name'='Wania, Kluska', 'ooo'='i' "> > In this case the ", " inside 'Wania, Kluska' will be treated > as a separator. I need a more generic solution.> > Actually I was thinking about a kind of "Assoc Parser". I > would provide a string:> s = "A<?,1,'name'='Ala','name2'='O''Hara','zz'='ula,bula'>"> > and the parser would create an Assoc from it. In other words > it would evaluate the string as an Assoc.> > Any suggestions?> > L> > > > [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Topic: Convert String to Assoc>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4199325>
; > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/786303>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>
; > To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to > unsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.> > >
Alex_Kowalenko_(x-eu0016039_-_(deleted))
Message from Alex Kowalenko via eLinkDavid's suggestion is apropos if you have control over the stringformatting. Examine the syntax of a string-encoded assoc, create your stringin that model and just use the built-in Str.StringToValue function.-alex------Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion[mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 12:04 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE I need a more generic solutionRE I need a more generic solutionPosted by Caughell, David on 09/30/2005 12:04 PMMessage from David Caughell via eLinkIf you are creating a string version of the Assoc, then this should workfor you:Assoc a = Str.StringToValue(s) David.> -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion > [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] > Sent: September 30, 2005 11:44 AM> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: I need a more generic solution> > I need a more generic solution> Posted by Tchebotarev, Vadim on 09/30/2005 11:40 AM> > Thanks Alex,> > But what about the case when we have ", " as a part of the > string? For example:> String s = " 'name'='Wania, Kluska', 'ooo'='i' "> > In this case the ", " inside 'Wania, Kluska' will be treated > as a separator. I need a more generic solution.> > Actually I was thinking about a kind of "Assoc Parser". I > would provide a string:> s = "A<?,1,'name'='Ala','name2'='O''Hara','zz'='ula,bula'>"> > and the parser would create an Assoc from it. In other words > it would evaluate the string as an Assoc.> > Any suggestions?> > L> > > > [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Topic: Convert String to Assoc>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4199325>
; > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/786303>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>
; > To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to > unsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.> > >[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Convert String to Assoc
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4199325Discussion
: Development Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/786303Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Vadim_Tchebotarev_(ebuild01user1_-_(deleted))
Str.StringToValue is the answer for my problem.Thanks a lot!L
Michael_Gao_(enbinc01user6_-_(deleted))
Is there someway to do the same thing in LAPI?