Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Why does the LAPI web services app, LiveServices, take so long to respond sometimes?
Tom_Kotsines_(balluser1_-_(deleted))
Hello Everyone,Do any of you have experience with response times when sending the java web service application LiveServices requests for version segments? My java component calls the LiveServices fetchVersionSegmented web service requesting the standard segment size of 102400 bytes and usually gets a response in less than a second. But sometimes, and its hard to say how often - maybe every 20 or 40 requests, LiveServices takes 30 seconds or more to respond! At times, things have almost timed out!I'm not talking about the first or last segments of a document version request, which can sometimes involve LiveServices communicating with Livelink via LAPI, but requests in the middle, when LiveServices has already downloaded the whole file from Livelink to to a temporary location on the drive.Thank you to anyone for your response. I'm using Livelink 9.2 and the LiveServices app and LAPI support that came with it. We're running LiveServices on a Tomcat 5.0 server using Axis as the web service container.- Dan Wegh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rhulani_Makhubele_(rhulani.makhubele@bcx.co.za_--_
Hi Dan, it appears u successfully used getVersionSegmented, I have been unable to do so. I fail on the following, it insists on setting the following elements, content and TempFilePath. According to the docs this is set on the host side...and when I set them it return zero bytes... basically fails to retrieve anything. Please help.I have attached snippets of my code. Thank you.