Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
LL_GetNumberOfObjects problem. Please HELP!
Shawn Borden
Hello!I am successfully conecting to server by LL_SessionAllocExThen calling LL_AccessEnterpriseWS also everithing is OK!When I am calling LL_GetNumberOfObjects, it sais me thet there are 40 chidren. When I am printing arrey from LL_ListObjects ,children 0 till 8 are ok(I can see all 8 in te web). ),but children from 9 to 40 are the same as child number 8.Why LL_GetNumberOfObjects gives me more children then there are actually??? Is there another function instead of LL_GetNumberOfObjects that I can use to get the right number of cildren?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Tina_Wang
Sounds like it could be a potential bug. I would recommend opening up a ticket with support.
Howard_Pell
Message from Howard Pell <
hlpell@opentext.com
> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">eLink
Hello,
Please notice the remarks section of the LL_GetNumberOfObjects function - "
The
GetNumberOfObjects
function can be performed on the following types of objects: channel, compound document, discussion, folder, project, and task list."
That is, it does not support workspaces.
In the LAPI training course I use the following code as an example and exercise:
In Visual Basic (which I assume you are using)
I first get the volumeID (volid) and the nodeID (objid) and then
status = LL_ListObjects(session, volid, objID, "", "", LL_PERM_SEE, childitems)
If status = LL_OK Then
'How many items are in this folder?
status = LL_ValueGetLength(childitems, length)
If status = LL_OK Then
For i = 0 To length - 1
'Test every item in the folder
status = LL_ValueGetIndexValue(childitems, i, child)
status = LL_ValueGetFieldValue(child, "subtype", tmp1)
status = LL_ValueGetInteger(tmp1, subtype)
If subtype = LL_FOLDERSUBTYPE Then
I hope this helps
Howard
Howard Pell
Senior Technical Educator
Liaison, Special Projects
Open Text Corporation
www.opentext.com
(519) 888-7111 Ext. 2203
Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.
- Marian Wright Edelman
From:
eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]
Sent:
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:27 PM
To:
eLink Recipient
Subject:
LL_GetNumberOfObjects problem. Please HELP!
LL_GetNumberOfObjects problem. Please HELP!
Posted by
hatchsupport
(Support, Hatch) on 10/11/2005 05:22 PM
Hello!
I am successfully conecting to server by LL_SessionAllocEx
Then calling LL_AccessEnterpriseWS also everithing is OK!
When I am calling LL_GetNumberOfObjects, it sais me thet there are 40 chidren.
When I am printing arrey from LL_ListObjects ,children 0 till 8 are ok(I can see all 8 in te web). ),but children from 9 to 40 are the same as child number 8.
Why LL_GetNumberOfObjects gives me more children then there are actually??? Is there another function instead of LL_GetNumberOfObjects that I can use to get the right number of cildren?