Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Updating an Owning User Globally
Susan_Nare_(sglcuser16a_-_(deleted))
Greetings!I have a need for a LiveReport that would allow me to globally update the owning user of all items in Livelink for a particular user. Here's why...Every day I receive a list of employees who have been terminated for some reason. I go thru the list and find the ones who have Livelink accounts. I then set to disabling their accounts. While I do this, I run a report that shows me every item they owned in Livelink. I change the ownership of these items to other users. For the average user, there are maybe a dozen changes for me to make. Occaissionally however, I get a user who was a major content owner and owned hundreds and possibly thousands of items in Livelink. Changing the ownership of that many items takes too much time. I need a report where I can tell it for every occurance of this individual owning user, change it to this other user. Has any one written this kind of report? I know it is an update statement, but I haven't done too many of these. I stick to simple Select statements. We are running LL 9.2 SP1 (Until this Sunday. Then we switch to LL 9.5 SP1. We run LL on a SQL Server 2000 backend).Thank you in advance for any assistance!Kind regards,Susan NareSBS USA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet