Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Add New folder Permission (ACLS / LAPI / VB)
Genevieve_Charette_(cansa01_-_(deleted))
What is the best way to add a new permission ? New permissions are: (SEE &SEE CONTENTS & MODIFY & ADD ITEM)I develop with VB and I use LL_SetObjectRight.I need the syntax method call or only the bitmask representation.Tanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Taavi_Ilves
I think LL_SetObjectRight is the best way to do it. You need to allocate session and then call LL_SetObjectRights. I don't use VB so I can't provide you with right syntax. If you don't know how to allocate session then look at the DevZone Samples. I can give you one bitmask, that I used lately in my code: 36995 and it is bitmask for "See" + "See Contents".Please explain further your problems.
Genevieve_Charette_(cansa01_-_(deleted))
My asking is how, I can set (SEE &SEE CONTENTS & MODIFY & ADD ITEM) in bitmask representationTanks
eLink User
Message from Nair, Krishnankutty N. via eLinkI don't know if this will help you but I believe the principle is stillthe same whether in VB or Java.I use the SetPerms in my code for stufflike these.I advise you to try it on a test system and understand itsworking and what it is doing and modify it for your VB code Thanks Much Krishnankutty N Nair Tele 918-661-5824, fax 918-661-9206-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion[mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 11:02 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: I used this function.I used this function.Posted by Charette, Genevieve on 10/27/2005 12:00 PMMy asking is how, I can set (SEE &SEE CONTENTS & MODIFY & ADD ITEM) inbitmask representationTanks[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Add New folder Permission (ACLS / LAPI / VB)
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4266264Discussion
: LAPI Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/765428Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com.