Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Livereport "No results found"
Zahida_Haleem_(eu0014636user4_-_(deleted))
I am trying to run a stored procedure that returns data when runned via SQL but when I create the livereport I get "No results found".Does anyone know if Livelink 95 sp 1 has a bug or something??Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bhupinder_Singh
Message from Bhupinder Singh <
bsingh@opentext.com
> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">eLink
What report format is being used? If "LiveReport", try switching to "AutoLiveReport" to see if that makes a difference.
How are you calling the stored procedure within the SQL box of the LiveReport edit page?
Is your backend database MS-SQL Server, or Oracle?
Against what database/tables is the stored procedure executing?
- Bhupinder
------------------------------------------------------
Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed.
Senior Product Specialist, Customer Support
Open Text Corporation, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Customer support e-mail: support@opentext.com
Customer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292
------------------------------------------------------
From:
eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]
Sent:
Monday, January 30, 2006 2:39 PM
To:
eLink Recipient
Subject:
Livereport "No results found"
Livereport "No results found"
Posted by
EU0014636User4
(Haleem, Zahida) on 01/30/2006 02:36 PM
I am trying to run a stored procedure that returns data when runned via SQL but when I create the livereport I get "No results found".
Does anyone know if Livelink 95 sp 1 has a bug or something??
Thanks
Zahida_Haleem_(eu0014636user4_-_(deleted))
I used the "AutoLiveReport" format. To call the stored procedure I used the following format:exec execute exec .execute .and the result has still been the same.We are using MS-SQL db as our backend database. The stored procedure is queryin core livelink tables and storing the data in temp tables.
Dave_Ebels_(jocoadmin_-_(deleted))
the error you are having sounds like you may not have 'auto live reports' chosen. I've made this mistake (ommission) many times. Try this , it may help.
Zahida_Haleem_(eu0014636user4_-_(deleted))
I have "Auto livereport" select but I still get the same result
Lindsay_Davies
Message from Lindsay Davies via eLinkHi Zahida,Yes, you need to use the format AutoLivereport.You then need to just quote the procedure name and parameters in theSQL field.For example sp_GetAllChildren 2000If your procedure writes to a true temporary table (i.e. the name beginswith "#") then it must also do any required selects from it before theprocedure ends because the table is automatically dropped.See this example... CREATE PROCEDURE sp_CountAllChildren (
@DataID
int) AS Declare
@Count
int Declare
@SQL
varChar(8000) set nocount on set
@Count
= 1 CREATE TABLE #Tmp ( ID int NOT NULL IDENTITY (1, 1), FolderLevel int NOT NULL, Name varChar(255), DataID int NOT NULL, ParentID int NOT NULL, ChildCount int, SubType int ) ON [PRIMARY] While
@Count
< 50 Begin Set
@SQL
= 'insert into #Tmp select ' + cast(
@Count
as varchar(50)) + ', Name, DataID, ParentID, ChildCount,SubType from DTree A with (nolock) ' if
@Count
= 1 Set
@SQL
=
@SQL
+ 'where DataID = ' +Cast(
@DataID
as varchar(50)) else Set
@SQL
=
@SQL
+ 'where ParentID in (select DataID from #Tmp where FolderLevel = ' + cast(
@Count-1
asvarchar(50)) + ')' exec (
@RowCount
= 0 BREAK ELSE Set
@Count
=
@Count
+ 1 end select * from #Tmp select count(*) from #TmpGood luck.RegardsLindsayOTSupport-UK-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: 01 February 2006 14:40To: eLink RecipientSubject: RE Livereport "No results found"RE Livereport "No results found"Posted by Haleem, Zahida on 02/01/2006 09:36 AMI used the "AutoLiveReport" format. To call the stored procedure I usedthe following format:exec execute exec .execute .and the result has still been the same.We are using MS-SQL db as our backend database. The stored procedure isqueryin core livelink tables and storing the data in temp tables.[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Livereport "No results found"
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4488681Discussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Zahida_Haleem_(eu0014636user4_-_(deleted))
I tried using the quote in the procedure name and parameters in the SQL field, but still got the same message "No Results found".
Lindsay_Davies
Message from Lindsay Davies via eLinkSorry - I did not mean to imply using quotation marks, if that is whatyou did.I meant just write the name of the procedure.If the procedure is called sp_myprocedure, just put that and theparameters in the Livereport SQL field, as I gave the example last time.sp_myprocedure parm1If it returns no rows, that may be valid.What does the procedure do if you run it in SQL server with the sameparameters?
Zahida_Haleem_(eu0014636user4_-_(deleted))
The stored procedure is finding permissions for a certain folders and projects. When I run the stored procedure in SQL I do get results but when I run it via livelink I don't get any result.Here's a small test stored procedure I create that gives result in SQL but doesn't give any results via livereport.CREATE PROCEDURE testz ASdeclare
@Enterprise_WS_ID
as intset
@Enterprise_WS_ID=
2000declare
@RIMS_BOD_Folder
as varchar(50)set
@RIMS_BOD_Folder
= 'Board of Directors Package'declare
@RIMS_BOD_ID
as intdeclare
@RIMS_Cat1_Folder
as varchar(50)set
@RIMS_Cat1_Folder
= 'Regulators - Category 1'declare
@RIMS_Cat1_ID
as intdeclare
@RIMS_Cat2_Folder
as varchar(50)set
@RIMS_Cat2_Folder
= 'Regulators - Category 2'declare
@RIMS_Cat2_ID
as intDeclare
@RIMS_Folder
as varchar(50)set
@RIMS_Folder
= 'Regulatory Correspondence'declare
@RIMS_Folder_ID
as int--To get the RIMS Regulatory Correspondence folderselect
@RIMS_Folder_ID
= DataID from dtree where parentID =
@Enterprise_WS_ID
and Name =
@RIMS_Folder--
To get dataid for Bod Package folderSelect
@RIMS_BOD_ID
= DataID from dtree where parentID =
@RIMS_Folder_ID
and Name =
@RIMS_BOD_Folder--To
get the dataid for Reg Cat 1 folderSelect
@RIMS_Cat1_ID
= DataID from dtree where parentID =
@RIMS_Folder_ID
and Name =
@RIMS_Cat1_Folder--To
get the dataid for Reg Cat 2 folderSelect
@RIMS_Cat2_ID
= DataID from dtree where parentID =
@RIMS_Folder_ID
and Name =
@RIMS_Cat2_Folderdeclare
@cat2_folderID
as intdeclare
@Cat2_FolderName
as varchar(100)/*Create TABLE #Cat2Access (dataID int, KuafID int, UserName varchar(256), lastName varChar(256), firstName varchar(256), type int, Permission int, Container varchar(256), Component varchar(256), member varchar(256))*/Create Table #Cat2IDs (catFolderID int, Cat2FolderName varchar(256))Declare
@SQL
varChar(8000)--Cat2ID will capture both Board of Directors and Regulator Category 2 dataID's--Set
@SQL
= 'INSERT INTO #Cat2IDs'SET
@SQL
= ''SET
@SQL
=
@SQL
+ 'Select dataID, Name from dtree where parentID IN ('+cast(
@RIMS_Cat2_ID
as varchar(50))SET
@SQL
=
@SQL
+ ', '+ cast(
@RIMS_BOD_ID
as varchar(50)) +')'--print
@SQLINSERT
INTO #Cat2IDsexec (
@SQL)select
* from #Cat2IDsGO