Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
CSIDE and OScript
Search for an object by its attributes in LAPI
Alok_Daga_(bmouser10_(Delete)_4212930)
Hello,We have a unique attribute for every object in our volume. We need to search for objects by this unique attribute. Is it possible to do this with LAPI? Thanks,Mohammad
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
eLink User
Message from Nair, Krishnankutty N. via eLinkWhy would you want to do it with lapi,would not a view Against that category as written by Bhupinder do the trick?-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink Builder Discussion[mailto:componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:23 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Search for an object by its attributes in LAPISearch for an object by its attributes in LAPIPosted by Daga, Alok on 02/16/2006 10:21 AMHello,We have a unique attribute for every object in our volume. We need tosearch for objects by this unique attribute. Is it possible to do thiswith LAPI? Thanks,Mohammad[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink Builder Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/765419Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Alok_Daga_(bmouser10_(Delete)_4212930)
Thanks Krishnankutty,I couldn't find the view that you mentioned in your message. However, what I want to do is to connect to LiveLink from an external application, use LAPI and find objects by their unique attribute. My understanding is that you suggest me to create a View and find the objects by SQL Query. Did I get you correct? Also if anyone knows if this is implementable using LAPI, please let me know.Thanks again,Mohammad
Hans Stoop
Message from Hans Stoop via eLinkHi Mohammad,The only why to do a SQL query via LAPI is by calling a LiveReport thatcontains the query. The advantage of LiveReport over an SQL query isthat you can check the permissions in the retunred objects.Hans> -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: Livelink Builder Discussion > [mailto:componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com] > Sent: donderdag 16 februari 2006 21:18> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: Thanks Krishnankutty,> > Thanks Krishnankutty,> Posted by Daga, Alok on 02/16/2006 03:16 PM> > Thanks Krishnankutty,> I couldn't find the view that you mentioned in your message. > However, what I want to do is to connect to LiveLink from an > external application, use LAPI and find objects by their > unique attribute. My understanding is that you suggest me to > create a View and find the objects by SQL Query. Did I get > you correct? > Also if anyone knows if this is implementable using LAPI, > please let me know.> > Thanks again,> Mohammad> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Topic: Search for an object by its attributes in LAPI>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4588651>
; > Discussion: Livelink Builder Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/765419>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>
; > To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to > unsubscribe.componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com.> > >
eLink User
Message from Nair, Krishnankutty N. via eLinkWhat I meant was you need to construct a view for youHere's the generic link
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=3498953&objAction=ArticleView&viewType=1You
can then use that view to do SQL or use lapi listobjects againstthat viewBTW-In my experience if there is tons of metadata the view will be veryslow(we have more than 13 million records) So for ad-hoc reporting tools inour organization we used the same logic Of the view but instead ofcreating the view I put them into a table in a nightly cron job.Thead-hoc reporting tools then will not choke. -----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink Builder Discussion[mailto:componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:18 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Thanks Krishnankutty,Thanks Krishnankutty,Posted by Daga, Alok on 02/16/2006 03:16 PMThanks Krishnankutty,I couldn't find the view that you mentioned in your message. However,what I want to do is to connect to LiveLink from an externalapplication, use LAPI and find objects by their unique attribute. Myunderstanding is that you suggest me to create a View and find theobjects by SQL Query. Did I get you correct? Also if anyone knows if this is implementable using LAPI, please let meknow.Thanks again,Mohammad[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Search for an object by its attributes in LAPI
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/4588651Discussion
: Livelink Builder Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/765419Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Alok_Daga_(bmouser10_(Delete)_4212930)
Thank you very much Krishnankutty. Mohammad
Alok_Daga_(bmouser10_(Delete)_4212930)
Thank you very much Hans.Mohammad