Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Best way to overrite a single WebLingo file
Greg_Griffiths_(ggriffiths_-_(deleted))
I am working on a module that will need to replace a single WebLingo file in the \html\ directory and am looking for the best way to go about this, current thoughts include :1/ overwrite the file when installing the module2/ orphan the relevant node and simply update the fHTMLFile property3/ Add a startup event to update the WebLingo cache on load of my custom moduleAny other options / comments appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans Stoop
Message from Hans Stoop via eLinkUse the HTMLmap functionality of CustomizationsRT.I advise to use the MapModules function.Hans > -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion > [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] > Sent: zondag 2 april 2006 19:22> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: Best way to overrite a single WebLingo file> > Best way to overrite a single WebLingo file Posted by > Griffiths, Greg on 04/02/2006 01:18 PM> > I am working on a module that will need to replace a single > WebLingo file in the \html\ directory and am > looking for the best way to go about this, current thoughts include :> > 1/ overwrite the file when installing the module 2/ orphan > the relevant node and simply update the fHTMLFile property 3/ > Add a startup event to update the WebLingo cache on load of > my custom module> > Any other options / comments appreciated.> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/786303>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>
; > To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to > unsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.> > >
Greg_Griffiths_(ggriffiths_-_(deleted))
Hans, I am aware of this module and would have used it except that the moduel I am working needs to be standalone, so I can't force the customer to install another module just to get mine to work ;-( Although if it comes to it I may have to.
Donna Nalls
Hi Greg,When i want a standalong module without dependencies on HTMLMap or CustomizationsRT, i just pull the utilities from the HTMLMap module and put them in my custom module -- then overwrite the webLingo from Root.Startup, just as you would if HTMLMap is an installed module.best,donna
Donna Nalls
Additionally......I ususally put a little flag variable in my module's .ini file -- just in case the overwrite is no longer needed -- during Root.Startup, i put a check of my variable in the module .ini file and perform the overwrite or not based on that flag. this way, if your client ever wants to turn the overwrite off, they need only toggle a flag in the module .ini file......best,donna
Hans Stoop
Message from Hans Stoop via eLinkThat is indeed a good way of doing it.Another technical way is adding the whole Ospace to your module.Probably you need to disable the webmodule object.I don't know if it is legally allowed to do this. You should check withOpen Text or a lawyer.Hans> -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion > [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] > Sent: maandag 3 april 2006 17:58> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: Hi Greg,> > Hi Greg,> Posted by Nalls, Donna on 04/03/2006 11:55 AM> > Hi Greg,> > When i want a standalong module without dependencies on > HTMLMap or CustomizationsRT, i just pull the utilities from > the HTMLMap module and put them in my custom module -- then > overwrite the webLingo from Root.Startup, just as you would > if HTMLMap is an installed module.> > best,> donna> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Topic: Best way to overrite a single WebLingo file>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/5180970>
; > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/786303>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>
; > To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to > unsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.> > >
Donna Nalls
Hi Hans,I don't know why it considered illegal in any way - the HTMLMap module is (was) freely distributed by OT to clients - I will say that I always add a note of thanks and recognition to the incomparable Martin Scott, the developer of the original HTMLMap Module.Regards,Donna
Kevin_Ward
I have no idea whether or not any of this is illegal. However, I'd personally feel the need to ask permission if I was planning on selling the custom module for profit, that contained whole objects ripped from someone elses ospace.Kevin
PVA_Livelink_Developer_(pva_pva_-_(deleted))
Message from Joe Lesh via eLinkThankfully, as I read it, the license for customizationsRT does allow for redistribution and modification.It refers to the License Agreement on the Preview Center (FirstLook) which is available here:
https://firstlook.opentext.com/firstlook/livelink.exe/overview/LicenseeLink
Discussion: Development Discussion wrote:> Legality?> Posted by Ward, Kevin on 04/06/2006 09:36 AM> > I have no idea whether or not any of this is illegal. However, I'd personally feel the need to ask permission if I was planning on selling the custom module for profit, that contained whole objects ripped from someone elses ospace.> > Kevin> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Topic: Best way to overrite a single WebLingo file>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/5180970>
; > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/786303>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>
; > To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to unsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.> >
Hans Stoop
Message from Hans Stoop via eLinkHi Donna,IANAL, but he copyright of that module is with Open Text. Open Text hastherefore the right to distribute it.By copyright law nobody else has the right to distribute it, unlessgranted so by Open Text.The reason why I added that to my response is that I am officallyemployed by Open Text, but I am not in the position to grant any rightson behalf of Open Text. I wanted to make sure that nobody wouldinterpreted my message as an OK from Open Text to copy whole OSpacesfrom Open Text's modues to your own. My response was a pure technicalresponse.HansIANAL = I Am Not A Lawyer> -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion > [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] > Sent: donderdag 6 april 2006 15:29> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: Hi Hans,> > Hi Hans,> Posted by Nalls, Donna on 04/06/2006 09:24 AM> > Hi Hans,> > I don't know why it considered illegal in any way - the > HTMLMap module is (was) freely distributed by OT to clients - > I will say that I always add a note of thanks and recognition > to the incomparable Martin Scott, the developer of the > original HTMLMap Module.> > Regards,> Donna> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Topic: Best way to overrite a single WebLingo file>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/5180970>
; > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/786303>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>
; > To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to > unsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.> > >
Greg_Griffiths_(ggriffiths_-_(deleted))
Donna/Hans, thanks for the suggestions, can you provide a little more detail/code on the use of HTMLMap within a module.