Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Java module with physical objects / rec man / classifications
Rolf_Poser_(eu0018377_-_(deleted))
To all those java module boffins out there:I'm busy investigating how best to write a Java module that access/changes records management/classifications/physical object properties on nodes.ELF doesn't really expose those propserties on a node, and the latest classification/recman modules seem to only have e.g. menu listeners and so forth. This is presumably to ensure that they still work when in the context of a Java Module's rendered page.I can either:- Roll my own CAPI layer in the plugin to access/change the underlying data in the database (lot's of extra work I'd like to avoid)- Access them via the special LAPI for these modules (perhaps incomplete in places, like e.g. checking-in an object)At this point I'm leaning toward the latter because I can probably get by with what's available, however using LAPI is probably a heavyweight implementation too....Or is there a third way?Thanks,Rolf.(rolf@stasolutions.co.za)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jason_McPeak
Message from Jason McPeak <
JMcPeak@opentext.com
> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">eLink
Rolf,
The only "third" way I can think of is to have the devs up in Ottawa who are doing recman create a Java Module to add the functionality you need. (I don't think this will happen)
A "forth" way is to use Java to access recman's web services interface when that gets built. Not sure if or when a web services interface would be built for recman though.
Probably not much help to you...
Jason
From:
eLink Discussion: Development Discussion [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]
Sent:
Monday, April 10, 2006 5:21 AM
To:
eLink Recipient
Subject:
Java module with physical objects / rec man / classifications
Java module with physical objects / rec man / classifications
Posted by
eu0018377
(Poser, Rolf H) on 04/10/2006 06:20 AM
To all those java module boffins out there:
I'm busy investigating how best to write a Java module that access/changes records management/classifications/physical object properties on nodes.
ELF doesn't really expose those propserties on a node, and the latest classification/recman modules seem to only have e.g. menu listeners and so forth. This is presumably to ensure that they still work when in the context of a Java Module's rendered page.
I can either:
- Roll my own CAPI layer in the plugin to access/change the underlying data in the database (lot's of extra work I'd like to avoid)
- Access them via the special LAPI for these modules (perhaps incomplete in places, like e.g. checking-in an object)
At this point I'm leaning toward the latter because I can probably get by with what's available, however using LAPI is probably a heavyweight implementation too....
Or is there a third way?
Thanks,
Rolf.
(rolf@stasolutions.co.za)