Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Workflow LiveReport with links
Mary_Slane_Corona
What SQL do I need that will list all of the active instances of a particular workflow map with workflow titles (this much I can do) with the workflow titles having active links to the workflow instance. In other words, I can click on the workflow title in the report and it will open the workflow status for that instance?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bhupinder_Singh
Message from Bhupinder Singh <
bsingh@opentext.com
> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">eLink
I think that you can get this type of report without a LiveReport. If you click the function icon for the workflow map, there should be an option in the menu for "Status" or something similar, which will produce a hyperlinked list of workflow instances initiated from that map.
- Bhupinder
------------------------------------------------------
Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed.
Senior Product Specialist, Customer Support
Open Text Corporation, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Customer support e-mail: support@opentext.com
Customer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292
------------------------------------------------------
From:
eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]
Sent:
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 9:35 PM
To:
eLink Recipient
Subject:
Workflow LiveReport with links
Workflow LiveReport with links
Posted by
ejgalluser1
(Slane, Mary) on 05/03/2006 09:33 PM
What SQL do I need that will list all of the active instances of a particular workflow map with workflow titles (this much I can do) with the workflow titles having active links to the workflow instance. In other words, I can click on the workflow title in the report and it will open the workflow status for that instance?
eLink User
Message from Nair, Krishnankutty N. via eLinkWe do it here but it requires change of the autoreport-run.htmlfile(weblingo) in thereport directory.If you are not averse of doing that I will send you thefile(we are on 9.5SP1,and this change survived our upgrade from9.1.0SP3)A screenshot of what we have made.Once the changes are made it startsrecognizing shell escape sequences(!~) and I am not sure how it allworks but does give it as a hyperlink.I believe if you search for "autoreport-run.html" you will find anarticle that explains how it is done.-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 8:35 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Workflow LiveReport with linksWorkflow LiveReport with linksPosted by Slane, Mary on 05/03/2006 09:33 PMWhat SQL do I need that will list all of the active instances of aparticular workflow map with workflow titles (this much I can do) withthe workflow titles having active links to the workflow instance. Inother words, I can click on the workflow title in the report and it willopen the workflow status for that instance?[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Mary_Slane_Corona
Bhupinder:For us to use Workflow Status (either from the workflow map or Personal/Workflow Status) it takes 5 to 10 minutes for the workflows to load--my users don't have that kind of time or patience. Plus the LiveReport that I have not only shows the workflow name, it shows the Task Name, Task Performer and Date Assigned. This information is enough for most of the users, but they would like to have the option to hyperlink to the workflow instance from the workflow title.Thank you.
Mary_Slane_Corona
KrishnankuttyThank you for your response. I will talk to our Livelink Systems Administrators and see if they can change the file.(I am a User Administrator and Workflow/Form Developer--and I will leave modifying files up to them).
Krishnankutty_Nair
There are two more things and I am not sure if you are aware of them,if you are , sorry for blurting it out.In 9.5 they have a new subtype object called a workflowstatus object.I think it will be friendlier than the map statusing or assignments.BTW assignments are much faster on 9.5OT makes a product called webreports and it can do all this hyperlinking and adhoc reporting that you want.I do not know if it is free or not though,but may give you a path so that you do not have to modify any core code.Webreports is also very powerful to the fact that LR's are only one of the input sosurces,it can crunch several others as well.
testcsstaff_-_(deleted)
Message from David Slimmon via eLinkYes, thanks Krishnankutty...WF Status is / was a major pain point for organizations that are heavy,heavy WF users. This was recognized by OT and greatly improved. It*should* be a much happier experience for users of 9.5x and above. WebReports documentation is here:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=3876892I'm
a big fan of WR's myself and we use them to display the KC's What'sNew / What's Popular content on the Enterprise Workspace.Regards,Dave-----Original Message-----There are two more things and I am not sure if you are aware of them,ifyou are , sorry for blurting it out.In 9.5 they have a new subtypeobject called a workflowstatus object.I think it will be friendlier thanthe map statusing or assignments.BTW assignments are much faster on 9.5OT makes a product called webreports and it can do all this hyperlinkingand adhoc reporting that you want.I do not know if it is free or notthough,but may give you a path so that you do not have to modify anycore code.Webreports is also very powerful to the fact that LR's areonly one of the input sosurces,it can crunch several others as well.
Mary_Slane_Corona
Krishnankutty/David:Thank you so much for your responses. We currently have 9.5 in Development to test it--I am hoping that we will move it to Production in the next month or so. About the WebReports link, I received an error and it would not open the document (see attached jpg). Do you know if it is part of 9.5 or is there a cost for this module.Have a great weekend.Mary
Alex_Kowalenko_(aka_-_(deleted))
Message from Alex Kowalenko via eLinkWebReports provides a wealth of benefits that probably will outweigh thecost of the module. Call your Open Text contact for more details.-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 5:47 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE There are two more things and I am not sure if you are aware ofthem,if you are...RE There are two more things and I am not sure if you are aware of them,ifyou are...Posted by Slane, Mary on 05/05/2006 05:45 PMKrishnankutty/David:Thank you so much for your responses. We currently have 9.5 in Developmentto test it--I am hoping that we will move it to Production in the next monthor so. About the WebReports link, I received an error and it would not openthe document (see attached jpg). Do you know if it is part of 9.5 or isthere a cost for this module.Have a great weekend.Mary[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Attachment link: Livelink Error.jpg
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/5793247============================================================Topic
: Workflow LiveReport with links
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/5801607Discussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exeTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.