Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How to add a new tab on the global menu in LL 9.6?
(inactive)_Eva-Maria_Strasser
I want to add a new "tab" like Personal/ Enterprise/ Tools/ Help which is always present on the global menu and also has quicklinks like "My Workspace" at Personal.What is the best way to do this?Is there a documentation for it?Thanks for every hint!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Steve Brezina
Hi Eva-Maria, You will have to subclass WEBLL:Root:NavigationCallback:LivelinkNavigationCallback in order to create a menu item or an entirely new menu. For a new menu, you will need to add an additional $WebLL.WebUtils.AddMenu() line (defining the new menu) to the __Init() method The Execute() method of your new object defines your menu items.An example of multiple menu construction is WEBLL:Root:NavigationCallback:LivelinkNavigationCallback:LLLivelinkNavigationCallbackHope this helps, Steve
(inactive)_Eva-Maria_Strasser
Hi Steve!Thank you for your answer.It still remains the problem to get the quicklinks for the new tab on the global menu.In "my" LivelinkNavigationCallback.Execute I return the new menu item and the quicklinks for it. In WebLL:LivelinkNavigationCallbackSubsystem.Items an assoc for the quicklinks is built, but not very dynamically. There are only 6 quicklinks possible. The builded quicklinks of Personal/Enterpise/Tools are merged with the quicklinks returned by my LiivelinkNavigationCallback. So I need 8 quicklinks. I solved the problem by overriding WebLL:LivelinkNavigationCallbackSubsystem.Items. But I'm not sure if there is a better way to do this.