Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How do you add new global value?
Yurie_Nagorny_(ynagorny_-_(deleted))
I am creating a new LLNode and I need to declare its subtype as named value in the application globals. How do you do that?Essentialy, if my subtype is I'd like to define this global value:$TypeSome = And then reference it in the code as $TypeSome.Thank you,Yurie
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rolf_Poser_(eu0018377_-_(deleted))
Message from Rolf Poser via eLinkYurie:That looks fine. My suggestion would be to make your module's startupscript define the global:$TypeSome = where is an integer within the range as per the oscript registry onthe knowledge center.Regards,Rolf.> How do you add new global value?> Posted by Nagorny, Yurie on 10/18/2006 10:14 PM>> I am creating a new LLNode and I need to declare its subtype as named> value in the application globals. How do you do that?>> Essentialy, if my subtype is I'd like to define this global value:>> $TypeSome = >> And then reference it in the code as $TypeSome.>> Thank you,> Yurie>> [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]>> ============================================================>> Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/786303>>
; Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll>>
; To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to> unsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.>>>
Hans Stoop
Message from Hans Stoop via eLinkThat is done automatically in the __Init method of the LLNode object.You should give the LLNode object the name 'Some'.Don't forget to run the function buildOSpace in the globals object.Hans> -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion > [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] > Sent: donderdag 19 oktober 2006 4:19> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: How do you add new global value?> > How do you add new global value?> Posted by Nagorny, Yurie on 10/18/2006 10:14 PM> > I am creating a new LLNode and I need to declare its subtype > as named value in the application globals. How do you do that?> > Essentialy, if my subtype is I'd like to define this global value:> > $TypeSome = > > And then reference it in the code as $TypeSome.> > Thank you,> Yurie> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/786303>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll>
; > To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to > unsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.> > >
Rolf_Poser_(eu0018377_-_(deleted))
Message from Rolf Poser via eLinkHans:Good point, but what if some of my other __Inits need to access the typeand they don't necessarily initialise after the LLNodes? I also don't likehard-coding the integers into the other Inits...Anyway, I guess if it works, it works...Rolf.> RE How do you add new global value?> Posted by Stoop, Hans on 10/19/2006 02:52 AM>> Message from Hans Stoop via eLink>>> That is done automatically in the __Init method of the LLNode object.> You should give the LLNode object the name 'Some'.> Don't forget to run the function buildOSpace in the globals object.>> Hans>>> -----Original Message----->> From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion>> [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]>> Sent: donderdag 19 oktober 2006 4:19>> To: eLink Recipient>> Subject: How do you add new global value?>>>> How do you add new global value?>> Posted by Nagorny, Yurie on 10/18/2006 10:14 PM>>>> I am creating a new LLNode and I need to declare its subtype>> as named value in the application globals. How do you do that?>>>> Essentialy, if my subtype is I'd like to define this global value:>>>> $TypeSome = >>>> And then reference it in the code as $TypeSome.>>>> Thank you,>> Yurie>>>> [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]>>>> ============================================================>>>> Discussion: Development Discussion>>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/786303>>>>
; Livelink Server:>>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll>>>>
; To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to>> unsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.>>>>>>>> [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]>> ============================================================>> Topic: How do you add new global value?>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/8531701>>
; Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/786303>>
; Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll>>
; To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to> unsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.>>>
Hans Stoop
Message from Hans Stoop via eLinkIn that case I would add the assignment as first staement to the startupfunction before it does the initialization.Hans> -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion > [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] > Sent: donderdag 19 oktober 2006 9:23> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: Re RE How do you add new global value?> > Re RE How do you add new global value?> Posted by Poser, Rolf H on 10/19/2006 03:23 AM> > Message from Rolf Poser via eLink> > Hans:> > Good point, but what if some of my other __Inits need to > access the type and they don't necessarily initialise after > the LLNodes? I also don't like hard-coding the integers into > the other Inits...> > Anyway, I guess if it works, it works...> > Rolf.> > > RE How do you add new global value?> > Posted by Stoop, Hans on 10/19/2006 02:52 AM> >> > Message from Hans Stoop via eLink> >> >> > That is done automatically in the __Init method of the > LLNode object.> > You should give the LLNode object the name 'Some'.> > Don't forget to run the function buildOSpace in the globals object.> >> > Hans> >> >> -----Original Message-----> >> From: eLink Discussion: Development Discussion > >> [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]> >> Sent: donderdag 19 oktober 2006 4:19> >> To: eLink Recipient> >> Subject: How do you add new global value?> >>> >> How do you add new global value?> >> Posted by Nagorny, Yurie on 10/18/2006 10:14 PM> >>> >> I am creating a new LLNode and I need to declare its > subtype as named > >> value in the application globals. How do you do that?> >>> >> Essentialy, if my subtype is I'd like to define this > global value:> >>> >> $TypeSome = > >>> >> And then reference it in the code as $TypeSome.> >>> >> Thank you,> >> Yurie> >>> >> [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> >>> >> ============================================================> >>> >> Discussion: Development Discussion> >>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/786303>
; >>> >> Livelink Server:> >>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll>
; >>> >> To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to > >> unsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.> >>> >>> >>> >> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> >> > ============================================================> >> > Topic: How do you add new global value?> >
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/8531701>
; >> > Discussion: Development Discussion> >
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/786303>
; >> > Livelink Server:> >
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll>
; >> > To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to > > unsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.> >> >> >> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Topic: How do you add new global value?>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/8531701>
; > Discussion: Development Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/786303>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll>
; > To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to > unsubscribe.development@elinkkc.opentext.com.> > >
Donna Nalls
Hi Rolf,Just in case you really do need to add a global variable (even if it is for your own comfort level)....here is how i do it:In the Globals object of my custom ospace, I add the appropriate feature type.Then, in my root startup, I set the value of the feature.Here is a recent example:In my MYCUSTOMOSPACE.Globals object, i added an Integer/Real feature and named it statusSuccessIn my root startup, i added the following// set my status variablesif !OS.isFeature(.Globals, 'statusSuccess') os.AddFeature(.Globals, 'statusSuccess')end.Globals.statusSuccess = 0Then, I can reference it, as:$MYCUSTOMOSPACE.statusSuccessHope that helps,Donna
Yurie_Nagorny_(ynagorny_-_(deleted))
Thank you everyone for the answers, but apparently what I needed to do is done automatically by the __Init method of the LLNode:...$( "Type" + .OSName ) = .fSubtype...Thank you,Yurie