Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
LAPI connection gets stuck
Sergio_Pinés_Martín
I have an ASP.NET application using LAPI. When certain kinds of error occur, the connection is gone for ever and I just get error message saying either "could not connect" or "could not flush socket". I can only reconnect if, for example, I rebuild the ASP.NET application and run again.It cannot have anything to do with the "known issue" of multiple LAPI connections and Windows registry settings, as the error happens on a single call. Moreover, I can purposefully provoke a certain type of error (e.g., fetch a non-existent document or access a non existent folder) and the connection is ALWAYS still there; but if for example I upload a text file and it has no first version and I try to access it, then that specific error ALWAYS causes the connection to get stuck for ever.Is there any way that this "stuck connection" can be "unstuck" through code?Thanks,sp
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Sergio_Pinés_Martín
Hello - does anybody else experience this problem? Anyone have a clue?Thankssp
eLink User
Message from Carsten Kulms via eLinkI've never observed something like that.Since you can easily reproduce the issue, I suggest that you build a(very) small standalone tool which just repoduces the problem andcontact Open Text support. Please send the source code, detailedinformation about the used product versions, and any available logs.