Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
LAPI and workflows
Phillip_Townley
Having initiated a workflow using LAPI is it possible to intercept a step (again using LAPI) when it becomes active and re-assign it to a user based on some business logic.I assume I should be using the function ReassignTask but what I am not sure about is how do I poll for when a task has become active during the lifetime of a workflow. (or am I looking at it the wrong way?)Thanks for any help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
eLink User
Message from Carsten Kulms via eLinkI'm not familiar with LAPI's workflow functionality, but I think you canpoll for status changes of a task with the ListTaskStatus function. Itsreturns (among other information) a field "SubWorkTask_Status". Onepossible status is "SUBWORKTASK_STATUS_READY": "task is in a user'sInbox, ready to be worked upon".There are other functions by which you can obtain the current status oftasks: ListWorkflowInbox (requires to impersonate the user) andListWorkStatus. Which fits bets depends on your use case, I think.However, I'm not sure if polling for the status is sufficient.