Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Multiple values in a user input
Betsy_Kowan
Hi,I would like to create a Livereport with an user input that can take multiple values.I want to achieve something equivalent to this in SQLselect * from table1 where id in (1, 2, 3)where 1, 2, 3 will be user inputs.I tried typing (1,2,3) but it reads it as one string rather than 3 different values.Anybody who can help please? Thank you in advance.Peter
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Lindsay_Davies
Message from Lindsay Davies via eLinkHi Peter,Use three inputs... Select * from table1 where id in (%1, %2, %3) %1 = user input 1 %2 = user input 2 %3 = user input 3 RegardsLindsayOpen TextUK-Support-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: 14 March 2007 17:26To: eLink RecipientSubject: Multiple values in a user inputMultiple values in a user inputPosted by Chan, Peter on 03/14/2007 01:23 PMHi,I would like to create a Livereport with an user input that can takemultiple values.I want to achieve something equivalent to this in SQLselect * from table1 where id in (1, 2, 3)where 1, 2, 3 will be user inputs.I tried typing (1,2,3) but it reads it as one string rather than 3different values.Anybody who can help please? Thank you in advance.Peter[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dllTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail tounsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Betsy_Kowan
Lindsay,Thanks for your quick reply.However, I have multiple Webreports pointing to that same LiveReport and it is the Webreports that will feed the inputs. Number of values for that input for the report maybe 2 while another report may have 4 input values. I can't setup 3 different inputs.Any other ideas?CheersPeter
Hans Stoop
Message from Hans Stoop via eLinkIf I'm correct then with webReports comes the moduleLiveReportsExtensions that allows you pass a SQL statement as parameter.Hans > -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion > [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] > Sent: woensdag 14 maart 2007 19:34> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: Lindsay,> > Lindsay,> Posted by Chan, Peter on 03/14/2007 02:28 PM> > Lindsay,> > Thanks for your quick reply.> However, I have multiple Webreports pointing to that same > LiveReport and it is the Webreports that will feed the > inputs. Number of values for that input for the report maybe > 2 while another report may have 4 input values. I can't > setup 3 different inputs.> Any other ideas?> > Cheers> Peter> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Topic: Multiple values in a user input>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/11653517>
; > Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/2249677>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll>
; > To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to > unsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.> > >
Lee_Butler
Message from Lee Butler via eLinkPer Hans's post, if LiveReport Extensions is installed you should only need to pass a single parameter of typeinsertString (this type is unique to LiveReport Extensions). If you use this to pass a comma separated list of objectids you can then use it as part of the SQL statement.The statement would look like: select * from table1 where id in (%1)If SQL injection is a concern you should use the latest version of LiveReport Extensions as this includes securityenhancements and a template feature to address this.Thanks,Lee.-----Original Message-----From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Mittwoch, 14. März 2007 19:50To: eLink RecipientSubject: RE Lindsay,RE Lindsay,Posted by Stoop, Hans on 03/14/2007 02:49 PMMessage from Hans Stoop via eLinkIf I'm correct then with webReports comes the moduleLiveReportsExtensions that allows you pass a SQL statement as parameter.Hans > -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion > [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] > Sent: woensdag 14 maart 2007 19:34> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: Lindsay,> > Lindsay,> Posted by Chan, Peter on 03/14/2007 02:28 PM> > Lindsay,> > Thanks for your quick reply.> However, I have multiple Webreports pointing to that same > LiveReport and it is the Webreports that will feed the > inputs. Number of values for that input for the report maybe > 2 while another report may have 4 input values. I can't > setup 3 different inputs.> Any other ideas?> > Cheers> Peter> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Topic: Multiple values in a user input>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/11653517>
; > Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/2249677>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll>
; > To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to > unsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.> > >[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Multiple values in a user input
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/11653517Discussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/2249677Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dllTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to unsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Betsy_Kowan
Lee,Great, I tried your suggestion and it works!Just a note, input needs to have bracket around it. e.g. (1,2)Thanks a lot.Peter