Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
CSIDE and OScript
Register Items from a Patch
Greg_Griffiths_(ggriffiths_-_(deleted))
Dear All, I have a patch that orphans a object and adds children to that object, but is there anyway to register these children from the patch or do I need to create this as a module ?The underlying thing is that we have a mixture of modules and need to add some new types to the LiveReport dropdowns. I've been able to add the items, but they never register correctly, I guess that this is because I am doing the orphaning and child stuff in a patch which is run after the registration has occurred.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans Stoop
Message from Hans Stoop via eLinkYou are completely correct.All initialisation/registration is done in the __Init functions, whichare executed before the patches.I don't know of any way to execute a function at the patch time from apatch. SO the only solution is to create a module for that.Hans > -----Original Message-----> From: eLink Discussion: Livelink Builder Discussion > [mailto:componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com] > Sent: maandag 25 juni 2007 12:22> To: eLink Recipient> Subject: Register Items from a Patch> > Register Items from a Patch> Posted by Griffiths, Greg on 06/25/2007 06:18 AM> > Dear All,> I have a patch that orphans a object and adds children to > that object, but is there anyway to register these children > from the patch or do I need to create this as a module ?> > The underlying thing is that we have a mixture of modules and > need to add some new types to the LiveReport dropdowns. > > I've been able to add the items, but they never register > correctly, I guess that this is because I am doing the > orphaning and child stuff in a patch which is run after the > registration has occurred.> > [To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Discussion: Livelink Builder Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/765419>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll>
; > To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to > unsubscribe.componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com.> > >