Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
CSIDE and OScript
ProcessMulti and RequestHandlers
Jason_Webb_(eu0023304_-_(deleted))
Hi allI'm trying to add an extra button to the "multi"-select buttons. I've managed to add my extra button to the right of the "delete" button and it looks great.I've set the fAction in my orphan of multiprocess to a RequestHandler that does exist, but everytime I click the button I get "[Invalid action specified.] " Any ideas?Should I be registering the action handler somewhere?The action to work as long as a document is selected by the user in the folder list
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Donna Nalls
Hi Jason,Are you sure you have the correct value for .fAction? It should be the format of: fFuncPrefix.RequestHandlerName. Example:ll.ProcessMultiDocuBridgeExportwhere "ll" is the funcprefix and the "ProcessMultiDocuBridgeExport" is the name of my r.h.I did this awhile back, but it seems to me that i had to use "ll" as my ffuncprefix....for these multi commands (uh, but i could be wrong on that - don't hold me to that statement)....but, if you are still having problems and you did change your ffuncprefix, set it back to ll and see what happens.If your Request Handler is properly invoked when you select it from a function menu, then it sounds like you have registered the r.h. properly....maybe just run your BuildOspace and SetRequestHandlers methods to be sure....best of luck and congratulations! i'm sure your button looks great!!!Donna
Jason_Webb_(eu0023304_-_(deleted))
I did what you suggested and now have ll.newreview so viewing the source of the HTML page I now have:doSubmit( 'll.newreview', 'review' )But when I click the button LL looks for the function:Func='ll.11004.review' I assume the 11004 is an object reference but I'm not sureI'm very confused!The request handler can be invoked manually as ll.newreview so that works ok.
sıɹɥɔ
Message from Chris Webster <
cwebster@opentext.com
> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">eLink
Hi Jason,
I expect that the error you're getting occurs when you select one item but does not occur when you select more than one item.
Multi-select buttons are used to apply the same operation to multiple items. The operation is typically one that also appears in an item's function menu. So when you create a multi-select button and its request handler you need to also create a webnodeaction. The request handler deals with more than one item being selected; the webnodeaction deals with one item being selected.
The logic for the operation can be implemented independently of how it is being called (request handler or webnodeaction). If your operation is in your request handler you could create a webnodeaction that simply redirects to the request handler. Since you already have your request handler this is probably the easiest approach.
-chris
From:
eLink Discussion: Livelink Builder Discussion [mailto:componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com]
Sent:
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:22 PM
To:
eLink Recipient
Subject:
The button still looks great, but...
The button still looks great, but...
Posted by
eu0023304
(Webb, Jason) on 07/18/2007 02:21 PM
In reply to:
Hi Jason,
Posted by
dnalls
(Nalls, Donna) on 07/17/2007 08:05 PM
I did what you suggested and now have ll.newreview so viewing the source of the HTML page I now have:
doSubmit( 'll.newreview', 'review' )
But when I click the button LL looks for the function:
Func='ll.11004.review'@ @
I assume the 11004 is an object reference but I'm not sure
I'm very confused!
The request handler can be invoked manually as ll.newreview so that works ok.
Jason_Webb_(eu0023304_-_(deleted))
Thanks both - it all works nowChris's suggestion was what I was leaning to. It makes the execute logic a bit more complex than I'd like but it's not a big issue-- Jason