Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Invaild Username When synching
Damon_Lewis_(damonlewis_-_(deleted))
Is there a way to get 9.7 to synch with AD or use AD accounts without having to modify AD?I am setting up a test environment using Sharepoint Integration but the web parts can't access Livelink since SP uses AD and LL is using it's own accounts.Here is the error I get when trying to synch with AD and the security piece from the Opentext.ini file.[Fri Jul 20 09:03:18 2007] : Connecting to DC1.domain.com:32000 as CN=svc_livelink,OU=SvcAccts,OU=UserAccts,DC=DomainS,DC=com...[Fri Jul 20 09:03:18 2007] : Synchronization completed with error: Invalid credentialsOpent Text Ini[Security]directoryList=\support\,\filters\CGIHosts=127.0.0.1Authentication=NTLMDirectoryService=NTLMUsernameStyle=1UsernameOption=preservecaseAuthentication_User=REMOTE_USERDomainAndName=TRUEAlso, the Configure Authentication Source page won't save any changes?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Damon_Lewis_(damonlewis_-_(deleted))
Scratch the last question.
Ed_McCafferty_(emccafferty@momentumsystems.com_(De
Yes, the easiest way is to do the following.Create a group in AD (ex: GRP-LIVELINK)Add your users to this groupCreate a LOCAL group on your Livelink Application server(ex: Local-Livelink)Add GRP-LIVELINK as a member of the Local-Livelink groupNow..... Goto the following pages?func=directory.configAuthSourceSet to Integrated Windows Authentication (we use domain\username..only way we could get myhome to work)LowercaseRemote_UserClick Update (restart app if necessary)then goto?func=directory.configSyncSourcesAdd Syncronization SourceName it whatever you want, select NTLM, click add.Click Edit ParametersEnter Domain nameenter your LOCAL group name that contains your AD Group you want to sync withSet passwords to hiddenSet username style to what you chose in the first sectionClick OKYou should now be able to sync your groups. You will have to configure IIS and Tomcat (if you use these) to utilize DS but this should help get you started.
Ed_McCafferty_(emccafferty@momentumsystems.com_(De
Also, add the IP address all your servers including the local ip address under CGIHosts. Not just 127.0.0.1It should be likeCGIHosts: 127.0.0.1,10.2.2.1,10.4.4.4
Damon_Lewis_(damonlewis_-_(deleted))
In this dev environment there is one LL server and 2 MOSS front ends then a MOSS SQL and MOSS Indexer.Do I need to put all of those IP's in there?
Damon_Lewis_(damonlewis_-_(deleted))
A couple things I'm having roblems with.I can't add the AD group to the LL Local Group.And when I go to synch I get: [Fri Jul 20 10:04:29 2007] : Synchronization started.[Fri Jul 20 10:04:29 2007] : Synchronization completed with error: Could not find domain controller for this domain.I have tried; "Domain Name", "DC Name", and "dc=domain,dc=com"
Damon_Lewis_(damonlewis_-_(deleted))
Made some changes and now i get the RPC server is unavailable.
Damon_Lewis_(damonlewis_-_(deleted))
I missed the local server group.I set up a local group, Livelink Access, place the AD group in it.Set the domain to the AD domain and the Local Group Name to "Livelink Access" and set PW to hidden.I get either the RPC server isn't available or the Domain controller can not be contacted depending on what I set the Domain name field.Any idea why?
Damon_Lewis_(damonlewis_-_(deleted))
Got it.Thanks for your help!
Tucker_Demario_(tdemario_-_(deleted))
Hi Ed,I have done everything that you have mentioned so far in this Forum string, yet I am still getting the error[Tue Feb 19 14:51:54 2008] : Synchronization completed with error: The RPC server is unavailable.I have done the following:-Created the Local group on the Livelink Server called Livelink97Users. -Added the AD group (LivelinkUsers) I would like to syncrhonize as a member of this group the Local Group I created on the server.-Set the CGIHosts to the IP addresses ofall servers on our cluster (we have one admin server and 2 client servers)-Configured the Admin Pages: *Domain Name= Name of domain that the AD group I would like to syncrhonize is a part of. *Local Group Name=Name of LOCAL group I created on the server (Livelink97Users).Any Suggestions?
insystems_rnd_insystems_rnd
Hi, there,Just like you did, I have followed everything from the forum, the monster error is still there.[Thu May 22 14:12:58 2008] : Synchronization completed with error: The RPC server is unavailable.Have you got yours correct? Any idea?Thanks in advance,Alice