Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Date constraints in ListObjects call?
Pfizer_Developers
Hello,I'm developing a Java application to extract objects from a LiveLink repository, and I need to be able to support a 'delta' mode, where the only objects extracted are those that were modified after the previous extraction run. The obvious way seems to be to use the same 'ListObjects' call that I use when extracting everything, but to add a date constraint to the 'queryStr' parameter, thus: String queryConstraints = "(SubType=" + LAPI_DOCUMENTS.DOCUMENTSUBTYPE + " or SubType=" + LAPI_DOCUMENTS.COMPOUNDDOCUMENTSUBTYPE + ")"; try { if (extractionMode.equalsIgnoreCase("delta")) { DateFormat dateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"); prevTimeStampVal = dateFormat.parse(previousTimeStamp); queryConstraints = queryConstraints + " and ModifyDate > " + prevTimeStampVal.getTime(); } result = documents.ListObjects(volumeId, nodeId, "", queryConstraints, LAPI_DOCUMENTS.PERM_SEE, objects); if (result == 0) {This logic works just fine when I'm running in 'extract-everything' mode, but when I add the date constraint, I invariably get a non-zero result back. I've tried all sorts of variations on the value that gets compared to the ModifyDate -- integer, string, LLValue, ... -- but it behaves the same with all of them. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?Thanks,sje
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rolf_Poser_(eu0018377_-_(deleted))
Dear sje:Are you using Oracle? The querystr you pass in via LAPI will be added intoa SQL statement performed against the DB - you may need to specifyappropriate date formatting information for oracle to interpret it correctly.My suggestion would be to try and write the sql statement first, somethinglike :select dataid, name from Dtree where parentid= where to see that it returns the correct results.At least I think this might be what you need to do :-)Rolf.
Pfizer_Developers
Rolf,Thanks for the suggestion. The underlying database apparently *is* Oracle -- at least for the instance I'm testing against -- so I'll see if I can get connected directly, and try to figure it out that way.Regards,sje